Pics are HERE..From stock to DAMN FAST!!!

Shindo97

Registered
OMG...i thought i was in love with my busa before...

I am in love again...and for that i will make you all read my story of How me and the Busa came to be...

I had just bought my first real sport bike 1 1/2 years ago..I had always been a die hard yamaha fan, and had dreams of an R1.

I went to the dealership and bought a brand new one outright...2004 R1 SILVER.. I had considered a GSXR but didnt like the look of it...Honduh was a big NO NO for me....I NEVER ONCE considered the Hayabusa...why??? I just flat out assumed it was to big for me. I am 5 10 and wt is 180. When sitting on one at the dealership, more or less to jsut "pose" on it, i was like hell no....this thing is to heavy...

2 weeks and 450 miles later i went to my first bike meet here in austin...
Here i am rolling thru and getting mad looks at my bike...it had been newly designed and not many on the road yet. All eyes were on me for a few minutes...after the bike meet i went out with the guys to a local quiet spot that people stunt on at night.

I see 4 busas all lined up parked perfectly...and for the rest of the night i couldnt take my eyes off of them. I couldnt believe how freaking mean they looked...and it just looked like the road was owned by them, and i was merely renting it out in my R1.

I started to mingle with the Busa guys and one of them asked why i chose the R1. I told him how i have always loved yamaha, and that i actually had always wanted a Busa. I just didnt think i belonged on one...it didnt seem to fit.

In the back of my mind i started thinking to myself... " I HATED riding my bike in the day time..it got so damn hot...the seat sucked ass...the riding position sucked...Dont these things mean the R1 doesnt fit?? Did i make a bad decision on a whim?"

Then i hear..."Here...take her for a spin." from a guy named Steve.. (local Busa god...this guy knows everything about the busa..) (besides johnny cheese of course..) He threw me the keys and i said wtf...let me try it...I road her for maybe 40 yards. I came back and gave steve the keys and said " Damn...that is awesome"

He laughed..."man you barely got into 2nd.." "take her for a ride." and he threw the keys at me again. I respectfully declined, and then left quietly because i had to work the next day..OR SO THEY THOUGHT...

WHAT JUST HAPPEND!?!?!?! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE!?!?!? THERE IS A SUCH THING AS LOVE AT FIRST RIDE!?!?!?

The next morning...9am...i went back to my dealer and said "Ill take that Red 2004 Lim Hayabusa please. Here is my R1, and a check. I want to trade it in, and ill be back in 2 hours to pick up my hayabusa..."

The guys face was like what the?!?!?!?

That weekend i rolled up on the Busa and there were the Busa guys again...LAUGHING THERE ASSES OFF!!!! " I knew you wanted one..i could see it in your eyes." Steve yelled out.

Now Steve along with the other 4 Busa guys are close friends of mine...And i am married to the baddest bike in the world...well at least to ME it is.

Here she is after the mods i just put on!!!

We did all this in 1 evening...from complete bone stock form

TIForce Full Sys Exhaust
Power Commander III USB
TRE
Schnitz pair Valve Block off Plates
Small Air box mod
16/39 Gear Set
New ZZ Chain
Tail light integrator
Red LED Lights hidden inside
New Fluids
New Oil
Kickstand Mod

I took these with my camera phone so quality sucks...
bradmarques.com link not responding

And so it begins... Glad you made that choice Shindo.
smile.gif

I'm having a tough time straightening my neck up now!
laugh.gif
Bike looks good, but now that the performance mods are done what's in store for appearance? How big of a difference can tell from the 39 tooth rear? Where are you in Austin? I'll be back there in about a month.

And that is a good story. Probably a pretty common one actually. Have you regretted the decision at all?

Shindo, first off-- hold the camera level and stop so I don't get a headache.

Second-- AWESOME!! That story is too funny. I really like a couple things about R1s, and glanced at them yesterday. However on my ride home (on my busa) I thought to myself, there is NO other bike I would trade for the busa!

It's the complete package for me.

Awesome Mod list-- I wish I had the skills to complete that work in an evening!

I've been slow on mods as I'm very content except for a few minor things (seats, windshield, chain cover, stickers, mirrors, etc).

Seats are awaiting the order if Tobin gets back to me sometime soon....

ZG screwed up my order last year and I cancelled after wating for a month... reorder this spring and they screwed up again, cancelled, and reordered... ZG ST screen due today in the driveway

Exhaust-- I'm leaning toward yosh, but in no rush for now

Chain-- will do once I put a little wear and team on the factory one

Brake lines-- ditto above

Headlight-- switching to superwhite bulbs

Sounds a lot like my R1 to Busa story. LOL... Pretty much the same. I am now in love with my 05 Red & Black Busa .

Great looking LE. Always liked that one.

sorry about the "action" shots....that little camera phone doesnt have the best lens!

Trust me...I will posting alot more pics!!!! HAHA...

I do not regret it at all....I can lean the Busa over just fine, and to me that was the main reason for having the R1...Certainly it wasnt power...Especialy now.

THE 16/39 GEAR.. AWESOME gentlemen. its awesome...I am not a big drag racer so the mid range power the 39 offers awesome. There is still a nice snap and more TQ down low, but the midrange is amazing now. I will never go back to another gear set.

Exterior you ask...well...i have always been a fan of keeping as close to a stock look as possible. If anything wheels and HID headlights.

If i get crazy one day, i would consider painting the whole bike ZO6 Vette Yellow. Black Kanji. That would be it.

Your ride looks good shindo!! Really sweet... liked those cans
cool.gif

...Nice mods even
wink.gif

Back