Pic request of different style handgrips.

(04gtstang @ Dec. 03 2006,18:48) GPW, will the blue/grey version of the spider grips match my 06s blue/grey exterior? And if so, are you able to get them yet, as all you have mentioned are the grey/black and black/black grips. If not, then its definatly black/black for me.
I am definatly interested in these, as my stock grips (as you all know lol) suck. They are definatly too hard.

I know im new on here, but here is my profile on  Stangnet if you have any doubts about me
smile.gif
. Ill let you know after I look at my bike again tomorrow to see what exactly will match the best. BTW we do have a paypal account, so that shouldnt be an issue.  
beerchug.gif
I had the 06 blue grey and I don't think it will be a dead on match. Black/Dark Grey may be the better option.

(GPW @ Dec. 03 2006,13:54)
(BlueHaya @ Dec. 02 2006,20:19)
(Shibumi @ Dec. 02 2006,20:57) Just put these on and like them, GPW has a case on order less than $20 TYD for a set.
I may like a set??

https://spidergrips.com/

All the pre-paid grips shipped today just got back from vacation sorry for the delay. I have the black on black grips now.

I have the case of black/black Spiders Grips. They look pretty sharp. I have to make a slight price adjustment due to shipping these grips are 5 0z. But here is the price.

$19.50 to your door anywhere in the USA

paypal: paypal@hyperbikecenters.com

If you don't have a pay-pal account just click the I don't have a paypal account and pay by credit card. I also have three sets of the Black/Dark Grey left and the rest (50) are black on black.

All the pre-paid grips shipped today just got back from vacation sorry for the delay. I have the black on black grips now.
Just a note, aftermarket grips don't have the groove that slips over the inside edge of the throttle sleeve, so I used black plastic paint to make it match.
smile.gif

(runeight @ Dec. 03 2006,14:45)
(heavybusa @ Dec. 03 2006,12:38)
(ksana @ Dec. 03 2006,12:09)
(heavybusa @ Dec. 02 2006,22:55) This is what I have

Link

DSC01662.jpg
I always loved how u coated ur triple
beerchug.gif

but how comfortable are those grips...
Thanks, I can do that to any polished or chrome tripple.

There is no comfort what so ever, they are only made for looks.

And they get cold as he11 in the winter and hotter than he11 in the summer. Thats the price you pay to bling.

I would trade them in a heartbeat for rizomas!!!
just do it heavy..
poke.gif
No can do, I promised the wifey I'd sell what I have before I buy new.

Just don't forget this area- you will need a tiny bit of plastic-specific paint to cover the white throttle sleeve.

Edit- Ooh, sorry about the closeup- been generating sawdust in my shop working the honey-dew list...
wink.gif

Grip2.JPG

(Shibumi @ Dec. 10 2006,16:12) Just don't forget this area- you will need a tiny bit of plastic-specific paint to cover the white throttle sleeve.

Edit- Ooh, sorry about the closeup- been generating sawdust in my shop working the honey-dew list...  
wink.gif
beerchug.gif

I just got the spider grips in from GPW...and man they arent even close to the size of the stockers, they wont even go on the bars. The stock ones slide right on and the ID is larger...here is a few pics.

SP_A0129.jpg

SP_A0136.jpg

As you can see, the spider grips are MUCH smaller and man they dont want to stretch like the stock ones either.
SOOOO whats the deal here? Did GPW send me the wrongs ones?

Oh and I put my frome sliders on too...I did ZERO cutting on the fairing, and all I did was remove the little rubber boot thats usually there. Drilled and tapped the fairing mounting hole thats in the frame....im not sure why everyone says "fairing modification required" as there is none REQUIRED, unless you use the motor mount bolt thats just below the one I used....then you would have to drill another hole.

SP_A0135.jpg

04gtstang,
the mount below is structural.
i'd be interested to see how well that actually holds up if u ever go down.
hopefully u wont have to test it.

i cant wait for my rizoma grips to show up.

The Spyders are two different internal diameters- the bigger one goes over the throttle sleeve. I sprayed 3M adhesive on the clutch side bar and QUICKLY slid the grip on- only have 20-30 seconds before the adhesive starts to tack. No adhesive needed on the throttle sleeve, the ribs hold it firmly. You will need to trim the ridge off the outside of the throttle sleeve, the new grip has no groove for it.

(04gtstang @ Dec. 10 2006,16:44) I just got the spider grips in from GPW...and man they arent even close to the size of the stockers, they wont even go on the bars. The stock ones slide right on and the ID is larger...here is a few pics.

SP_A0129.jpg

SP_A0136.jpg

As you can see, the spider grips are MUCH smaller and man they dont want to stretch like the stock ones either.
SOOOO whats the deal here? Did GPW send me the wrongs ones?

Oh and I put my frome sliders on too...I did ZERO cutting on the fairing, and all I did was remove the little rubber boot thats usually there. Drilled and tapped the fairing mounting hole thats in the frame....im not sure why everyone says "fairing modification required" as there is none REQUIRED, unless you use the motor mount bolt thats just below the one I used....then you would have to drill another hole.  

SP_A0135.jpg
hmmm...they are them same grips size/model that Falkner Livingston use on their Landspeed Busa. Loose grips move so they should be snug.

In your picture you are not holding the Spider grip even with the OEM.

One grip is larger for the throttle side and the other is smaller for the clutch side. Do you have them mixed up?

Send them back and you will get a full refund no questions asked.

Thanks GPW, I knew you would respond
smile.gif
Is it possable that I got the wrong ones? And yes I noticed that one is larger than the other, but its still not close....however, before I do anything hasty ill see what others who have installed the spider grips say.

In the first pic, you can see how much larger (center) the stock grip is both in ID and OD...I was expecting the spider grips to be fatter overall than the stock ones.

One thing I dont want to do is tear a hole into the new grips, so hopefully someone who has installed aftermarket grips can help...to let me know if this is normal or not  
beerchug.gif

BTW thanks Shibumi and Gat0r...didnt see you pocts when I replied. IMHO the mounting pount on the sliders is VERY stout...almost as much so as the motor mount.

And Shibumi, were you grips noticably smaller than the stockers?

Back