Pic request of different style handgrips.

oh & tapping the frame prolly scares most people too.
its does look good though

(04gtstang @ Dec. 10 2006,20:10) Thanks GPW, I knew you would respond
smile.gif
Is it possable that I got the wrong ones? And yes I noticed that one is larger than the other, but its still not close....however, before I do anything hasty ill see what others who have installed the spider grips say.

In the first pic, you can see how much larger (center) the stock grip is both in ID and OD...I was expecting the spider grips to be fatter overall than the stock ones.

One thing I dont want to do is tear a hole into the new grips, so hopefully someone who has installed aftermarket grips can help...to let me know if this is normal or not
beerchug.gif

BTW thanks Shibumi and Gat0r...didnt see you pocts when I replied. IMHO the mounting pount on the sliders is VERY stout...almost as much so as the motor mount.

And Shibumi, were you grips noticably smaller than the stockers?
Yes, they were definitely smaller. Once on the difference is not very noticeable, while thinner material they are much more tacky to touch thereby lessening gripping force needed.

If you want some reassurance, use some cornstarch baby powder to slide them on and test fit, afterward water will clean all off with no residue before you use adhesive to attach (clutch side only).
smile.gif

Mine are on, any questions post up or if I'm not paying attention send me a PM...

Good on yer to have another Stang guy on the board-we hack on "ricers" and then go out and buy a Suzuki!!
laugh.gif

Here's my sig on Stangnet-

87 GT T-Top original owner-all options except leather, including 3.08 rear end
MAC shorty 1 5/8 headers, MAC offroad H-pipe, Flowmaster Delta Flows w/turndowns, electric fan, 3-row radiator, Centerforce Dual-Friction, Steeda quadrant, adjuster, and cable, Tri-ax shifter, K&N, fenderwell silencer aborted, Optima red-top relocated to hatch, Steeda Competition springs, offset steering rack bushings, MM full length subframes, BFGoodrich DR's (real traction is a wonderful thing!)

smile.gif

Ok, so it looks like I was just too carefull and didnt want to mess them up. That definatly makes me feel better though. I know one thing....if I get these things on, the only wat to get them off is by cutting them up LOL.

And yea its definatly cool to have a fellow SN member on here
biggrin.gif
. And I know what you mean....but these imports are actually fast LOL.

Here is a link to my profile on stangnet http://forums.stangnet.com/member.php?u=66745

Hey 04gtstang...what color have you got for a stang...I am in the club as well.  
all_coholic.gif
  And like Shibumi said, it is funny how we hack on "ricers" and buy a jap bike....I never really though of that.  
SHOCKED.gif
  I'm such a hipocryte(i think I spelled that right)

Here's my stang, 04 GT, 40th anniversary, arizona striping, leather, and mach 1000 system..  No mods yet except my mach 1 chin spoiler, only until October, that is when warranty runs out.  And then it will be have a kenne bell inside!!!

Car5.JPG

Cool! Looks like I found a second home
biggrin.gif
And VERY nice looking car Coldbusa  
beerchug.gif

super.gif

This is mine EDIT: Thats sortof old...now has 00 cobra R hood, grill delete, and shorty antenna

Codys_car_012.jpg

Back