photo detecting unit

craigntx

Registered
winkold.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Higher priced gps can do this as well,however you have to download the redlight camera locations in different states yourself from online !

There's an attraction at Universal Studios Florida called Terminator 3-D. In it, there's a segement showing how "good" Skynet is. One reason was cancelling trips to courthouses to pay traffic fines. Instead, Skynet will snap a shot of your tag and deduct the violation fee directly from your bank account.

I remember saying to myself "that'll never happen" the first time I heard that. Well evidently step one is upon us. I wonder how long will it be before they take that second step ...

In Oklahoma they are used for toll violations and tied to the vehicle owner.

Red light cameras are here. It's great, since it's not a 'moving violation' they just fine you in the mail and you basically can't fight it. Doesn't matter who is driving the car, either.

Sold your car and the new owner didn't register it, then runs a red light... yep, it's entirely up to you to prove that you actually sold it.

Very rotten, IMO. The infringements on personal liberty and the principle of 'innocence until proven guilty' far outweigh any benefit of reduced red-light violations. I'd still rather slow down and look both ways on a green to make sure I'm not hit by a runner... but hey, what do I know? The government is supposed to look after me, right?

You guys have no idea what it is to have speed radars all over the place in some major roads where you can easily top the Busa out, some of them do not work when you are past 150mph but some do, you never know, and the radars are mountable so you never know where they are... that is a good braking test when you get to spot one while doing 186 mph...

Wonder if there is any speed radar in the US..

It appeared to me that some of the cars photographed had already crossed the intersection line when the red light appeared.

It is not a violation to be in the intersection when the light is red; it is a violation to ENTER an intersection when the light is red.

If I received a ticket in the mail for this, I would video that intersection until I could show that the camera was set to go off on vehicles that had already crossed the stop line for the intersection.

Has anyone tried that glossy clear spray for your licence plate that is supposed to make the flash overexpose the plate, thereby rendering unreadable?

Blue1

It appeared to me that some of the cars photographed had already crossed the intersection line when the red light appeared.

It is not a violation to be in the intersection when the light is red; it is a violation to ENTER an intersection when the light is red.

If I received a ticket in the mail for this, I would video that intersection until I could show that the camera was set to go off on vehicles that had already crossed the stop line for the intersection.

Has anyone tried that glossy clear spray for your licence plate that is supposed to make the flash overexpose the plate, thereby rendering unreadable?

Blue1
It is a violation under federal DOT to enter an interesection once the light has changed to YELLOW.

Blue1
It is a violation under federal DOT to enter an interesection once the light has changed to YELLOW.
spraying your license plate with anything was debunked by mythbusters... the only thing that could escape the camera when they tried several different things was the jet car that passed the camera and like 200+ mph... dont think the DOT is going to set up their cameras for 200+ mph vehicals.

i'll take a red light camera in the intersection any day instead of getting hit by some idiot that thinks its ok to run one and hit me and get away with it. At least they have somewhere to start if it gets caught on camera..
2cents.gif

Thats great, a device that temps nimrods to run red lights, nice going Cobra.

Back