performance mod

quizesilver

Registered
dear bros,

been riding 06 busa for the past few mth coming a yr now.

thinking of doing some internal engine mod but nt sure if it is adviseable?

juz a brief items of the mod i made on my bike so far.
hmf full system -dual low.
pc3 - custom map
k&n air filter
air box mod
pair valve / marble mod
ATRE

so now on how i use my bike
i use my bike mainly for transport and touring. no track and drag.

shld i go for this

BusaDropIn_350_.jpg

http://prostores2.carrierzone.com/servlet/brockracing/Detail?no=739

worth the $$?
or get yoshi cam and piston?

or 1397 setup with cams / turbo

or juz stay stock

or stay stock maybe do the dual intake mod.

btw i lives in singapore thus weather is abt 25 to 33deg almost the whole yr round.

hmm
so most wil suggest to keep it stock? if it is a transportation and touring?
I am with Ted on this one... stock = reliable and great power..

not saying more power would not be more reliable but I think the money would be better spent on suspension myself...

pc3 - custom map
k&n air filter
air box mod
pair valve / marble mod
ATRE
If i am correct , you just want a little more out of the engine because you can . Thats an OK thing to want and ultra achievable without loss of longetivity .

You have shipping problems . These can be bought on new cores without sending your old cams in look at the WebCam drop in's and a set of adjustable cam sprockets . They have duration at .050 - 244in .360 lift-220ex- I've forgotten the lift. If the engine has a fair amount of miles buy new Suzuki OEM springs and valve guide seals if a true PAO synthetic has not been used and have the seats looked at while apart. Lightly lap the valves to get good seal again if needed and check the head surface for straight. Upgrade to the Suzuki OEM TLR1000 valve springs if you like but no sense in over springing a small cammed street engine that needs to last a long time. The hi-quality OEM TLR1000R valve springs can last 100k miles - no kidding .

Again ,if the miles are high maybe a set of Wiseco std bore part number CK104 pistons might be needed and they come with new rings and head gasket. If not , OEM pistons are OK with those cams ,just don't use a base gasket with either piston set .Seal the cylinder to the case with Yamabond case sealant - no silicone sealant . Use an OEM Suzuki head gasket when possible .

That will pick the power up and will be reliable as stock with no over heating , hot cranking problems or special octane needs . Fuel mileage will be about the same as stock with alot more kick in the middle and up top after tuning .

pc3 - custom map
k&n air filter
air box mod
pair valve / marble mod
ATRE
If i am correct , you just want a little more out of the engine because you can . Thats an OK thing to want and ultra achievable without loss of longetivity .

You have shipping problems . These can be bought on new cores without sending your old cams in look at the WebCam drop in's and a set of adjustable cam sprockets . They have duration at .050 - 244in .360 lift-220ex- I've forgotten the lift. If the engine has a fair amount of miles buy new Suzuki OEM springs and valve guide seals if a true PAO synthetic has not been used and have the seats looked at while apart. Lightly lap the valves to get good seal again if needed and check the head surface for straight. Upgrade to the Suzuki OEM TLR1000 valve springs if you like but no sense in over springing a small cammed street engine that needs to last a long time. The hi-quality OEM TLR1000R valve springs can last 100k miles - no kidding .

Again ,if the miles are high maybe a set of Wiseco std bore part number CK104 pistons might be needed and they come with new rings and head gasket. If not , OEM pistons are OK with those cams ,just don't use a base gasket with either piston set .Seal the cylinder to the case with Yamabond case sealant - no silicone sealant . Use an OEM Suzuki head gasket when possible .

That will pick the power up and will be reliable as stock with no over heating , hot cranking problems or special octane needs . Fuel mileage will be about the same as stock with alot more kick in the middle and up top after tuning .
hmm after reading thru the advise.
can i summarise as to ger a set of web cam will do.
y Wiseco and nt JE? what the CR like?
the lift is at .360/.312

btw what does this set of combi give u?
Brock's IN061 .360 lift/244 degree (at.050)
Brock's EX031 .348 lift/235 degree (at.050)

so can i say a set of web cam will do the trick? no need higher CR since i am going for touring and transportation.

oh ya my mileage is 45000KM

on the spring i dun get quite get u.
why need to change the spring. advise me pls.

Quote:
"oh ya my mileage is 45000KM

why need to change the spring. advise me pls. "

You need to ask the mechanic your going to pay to do this work why with 45000KM's the stock valve springs needs replaced when using a mild set of aftermarket cams .

The other cams you listed are too much cam for your needs and the intake on the exhaust is better left off your list .

At the amount of miles on your engine no doubt i would put fresh rod and main bearings in it before upping the power .

Alot of parts vendors will sell you anything you ask for . I gave you a good reasonable recipe for your needs but it don't come in a kit .Anything I left out was for a reason . The easiest way is most often not the best way . Sometimes one must look at it all and come to the conclusion that build it right = build it once or to just leave things as they are . Your at a point with those miles that you have some thinking to do and find a local engine builder to help think it all out along with you .

Good luck in whatever you do .

Quote:
"oh ya my mileage is 45000KM

why need to change the spring. advise me pls. "

You need to ask the mechanic your going to pay to do this work why with 45000KM's the stock valve springs needs replaced when using a mild set of aftermarket cams .

The other cams you listed are too much cam for your needs and the intake on the exhaust is better left off your list .

At the amount of miles on your engine no doubt i would put fresh rod and main bearings in it before upping the power .

Alot of parts vendors will sell you anything you ask for . I gave you a good reasonable recipe for your needs but it don't come in a kit .Anything I left out was for a reason . The easiest way is most often not the best way . Sometimes one must look at it all and come to the conclusion that build it right = build it once or to just leave things as they are . Your at a point with those miles that you have some thinking to do and find a local engine builder to help think it all out along with you .

Good luck in whatever you do .
hi,
if i read correctly. correct me if i am wrong.

i juz do the cam will do.
with rod and bearing.
the rod u mention is what rod? pardon me. and the main bearing is for the crank?

also for the the valve spring to get TLR 1000?

Back