PC5 quick question

jpowell490

Registered
Hey guys,

I have only used about 5 of these power commander 5 's, but for the life of me, I can't remember. When you mount these and stick them on top of the ECM or where ever, is it normal for them to get very warm? Just can't seem to remember and want to make sure that is the norm.

Thanks all,

I should have specified. It is under the seat and on top of the ECU. This isn't a busa by the way. Another street bike. The one on my busa gets hot too I believe. Do you have one? Ever felt it after a longer ride?

I plugged mine in and never looked back. Couldn’t tell you if it gets hot, but has been under the passenger seat on my 2009 for years.

Last edited:
Yea I have one, I have a pc5 and auto tune double stacked on top the ecm. Set it and never checked to see if it was hot or not. Still going months later.

I should have specified. It is under the seat and on top of the ECU. This isn't a busa by the way. Another street bike. The one on my busa gets hot too I believe. Do you have one? Ever felt it after a longer ride?
I can't even remember where the ECU is on a busa but I have my Bazzaz Z-FI located under the hump in the tail. If this is not a busa you are installing the module to, that might not be an option. I would not stick a module right on top of an ECU. I've heard they can interfere with one another if placed in close proximity. I had my PC5, AutoTune and Speedohealer all right next to one another and located in the tail about 10 inches from the ECU on my ZX-14. I never had a problem with any of those.

Put it in the hump area.
Same area @ali123 likes to man hump in

If it's a busa...yeah, HUMP!

What happened to the PC4? Was the PC5 so much better than the PC3 that they skipped a number? Just a thing that makes you go Hummmm…...
I think it was because they wanted to avoid the confusion of using the Roman numeral "IV" and then have to follow that up with the V and the VI. They should have just let the Roman numeral idea go. Nobody calls it a PCV anyway because that is confusing in itself.

Back