Dyno #s at nearly 67,000 miles

ky busa

Registered
After her first valve adjustment, at nearly 67,000 miles . I thought I would have a few upgrades done and have it dynno tuned. The upgrades consist of, sprint air filter, pc5 power commander and ecu flashed. It made 170 hp on it's baseline pull. (can't remember torque numbers) But, after all said and done, it made 179.0 hp and 106.0 ft. lbs. torque. Not bad for this high mileage bike.:thumbsup:
27625172_1809930152373019_843732542643019373_o (1).jpg

FYI throw the sprint in the trash . I bought one , and believed all the benefits . Go look at the viedo of the Italian pouring stuff through it . I just decided to have a look at mine after 3000 mile trip , and had SAND past the filter ill post pictures in a minute from my phone . Now neither my stock filter or K&N were issues . The back side of the air box was always clean even after 7 or 8 thousand miles .

Thx! c10 for info. on air filter now about my valve specs 2 were tight on the intake side and i had 2 tight on exhaust side the one next to the cam gear was the tightest barely could fit a .003 under it. The only reason i checked them were because my sons gsxr 1000 jumped time and we pulled the engine and pulled the head his had to have new valves so he insisted on me checking mine.:D

Reactions: c10
Nice numbers for the miles. I always knew that its not always the product, but how you treat it. I have a friend with an S1000RR and it's not only his regular street bike, but it sees just as much track time too. With over 60k miles on it, its dyno numbers are slightly off from the factor numbers. He is a maintenance guru. Keep her running and show us what 100k miles look like.

For comparison purposes my stock 06 turned 160+ whp, not quite 161. I forget the torque numbers. BTW why did you wait until 67,000 miles to check your valves? The loose ones may not be a problem but the tight ones, the ones you won't hear until something breaks is the worry in waiting so long.

CBXRider you are 100% correct the tight ones are what causes the problems. Why did i wait so long never could really get a good answer if people adj. them like there suppose to no one puts alot of miles on there busas yes there are a few . I would keep up with the high mileage members but cant recall them talking about specific details i read alot about the busa with over 200000 miles but never read anytrhing about a maintance log. To be honest if me and my son didnt have to pull his engine (jumped time ) gsxr 1000 and him insisting on me to check them i may not have done a valve check i will do it again at 100000 miles and dyno it again i will be putting a new cam chain in her. :thumbsup:

Pretty good numbers. My rings didn't last 7000 miles one of my 08's and I changed the oil every 500 miles. Maybe you high mileage guys aren't riding hard enough!

Pretty good numbers. My rings didn't last 7000 miles one of my 08's and I changed the oil every 500 miles. Maybe you high mileage guys aren't riding hard enough!

500 miles? What a waste of oil. Try Amsoil with 5,000 mile changes.

Back