Pc fax software

MoosesBusa

Former BusaHolic
Donating Member
Registered
Looking for a simple program that allows me to fax microsoft word and publisher files from my PC via a phone modem. I have / had winfax and deleted it. didn't like a lot about it. HP used to have the software bundled with their printers but they stopped doing it. Don't know why, it worked very well for years! Changed PC's and Printers and lost the software. If anybody has any good suggestions and can point me where to get it I'd appreciate it. Preferrably freeware or otherwise free of charge. I searched google and all I could find was internet based stuff. not interested.
thanks in advance
Moose

<!--EDIT|MoosesBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149900327 -->

Do you have XP? A fax program is built in & I use it from work, very easy to use!
biggrin.gif

Yes, I use XP Home. Don't see it available in any print menus. Maybe it's bundled with XP Pro

from Microsoft Word when you click on Print and the window opens that allows to select what printer you want to use click on the printer name box. In the dropdown you should see Fax. Highlight that and the FAX wizard shold open. Follow that and it works. That is what I use and I have Windows XP

from Microsoft Word when you click on Print and the window opens that allows to select what printer you want to use click on the printer name box.  In the dropdown you should see Fax.  Highlight that and the FAX wizard shold open.  Follow that and it works.  That is what I use and I have Windows XP
That's my problem, I do that and I get my "HP psc 2210" and "microsoft office document image writer" to choose from. Nothing else. Slide bar isn't even highlighted to allow scrolling.

WOO HOO! Went into add printers and found a link to set up fax. Did that and life is now good!! Thank you for heading me in the right direction and letting me know XP was pre-loaded with it! Man I love this board!

<!--EDIT|MoosesBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149956836 -->

Back