PC 3 and MAP

JGoodson

Registered
Alright i did some researching and i couldnt really find what i was looking for... I wanna know what each of these are and what they do?? I do have a full muzzy exhaust and im reading alot on how you need a PC3...am i hurting my bike not having one? also like i said what exactly is a map,is it the same as a dyno tune? Thanks for any help and sorry for the dumb questions

A PCIII fuel map is the result of fuel and air percentages adjusted during a custom dyno tune. Someone with like mods as you and close to the same mileage and altitude might have something close, otherwise get it tuned........  
beerchug.gif

Full exhaust systems usually need more fuel...to avoid from running lean and hot and weak.

I have a similar question to tag along.  I just purchased a B2 full system and it's backfiring like hell.  People are telling me I need a PC and to take fuel out of the mixture.  Does that sound right?  Also, can I go with a PC3R instead of the USB?  I wish I was close to Maryland so I could just pay the $285 and be done with it.

You woud want a pc3usb not a pc3. The usb is the later model with more features. If someone told you your bike needs fuel taken out from a full system they need to be slapped. You need more fuel to compensate for more air being curculated. Backfiring is a result of lean fuel mix. Flames out of the exhaust is the result of rich mix.

n response to the 1st question. Running lean/rich will shorten the egine life. An engine needs the proper a/f mix to perform properly and last long.

If you have a BMC race filter, PAIR Valve removed, and small air box mod. I got a map for you. All you need now is a PCIII. All you had to do was ask. I'll talk to you at work.

SM1.jpg

zzwhip.gif
PM -->
Professor @ Jun. 01 2008 said:
1435577[/ATTACH] PM]
I have a similar question to tag along.  I just purchased a B2 full system and it's backfiring like hell.  
Hard to say what it needs for sure, but have you blocked/removed the pair valve?
I didn't remove the pair valve (I know  
corner2.png
).  It's backfiring and shooting flames out of the exhaust.
You can just do the "marble mod". Do a search, there's a how to, with pic.'s.

zzwhip.gif

the whole point of adding an aftermarket exhaust is to gain more hp...but if you ONLY add the exhaust (by 'exhaust, I mean a FULL system-headers, mid pipe and muffler/mufflers) you are wasting $$ for a nice noise-maker; the exhausts need to have a modified A/F mix in order to get any extra hp out of your bike-this can done by guys like GPW (awesome guy to work with
bowdown.gif
) and others here on the board, or you can simply download maps right from PowerCommander's website that are setup for the 'standard' mods to Busas: air filter, exhaust, etc.

the PAIR valve mod may help w/backfiring a lil, but PCIII will eliminate for sure w/a good dyno-tune (which can only be done w/PCIII usb or another aftermarket engine tuning box-there are several avail.)

most riders dont need to go any further than a PCIIIusb, pair valve mod, air filter and pipes...beyond thatif you want more HP you will start dropping major $$$.

the whole point of adding an aftermarket exhaust is to gain more hp...but if you ONLY add the exhaust (by 'exhaust, I mean a FULL system-headers, mid pipe and muffler/mufflers) you are wasting $$ for a nice noise-maker; the exhausts need to have a modified A/F mix in order to get any extra hp out of your bike-this can done by guys like GPW (awesome guy to work with
bowdown.gif
) and others here on the board, or you can simply download maps right from PowerCommander's website that are setup for the 'standard' mods to Busas: air filter, exhaust, etc.

the PAIR valve mod may help w/backfiring a lil, but PCIII will eliminate for sure w/a good dyno-tune (which can only be done w/PCIII usb or another aftermarket engine tuning box-there are several avail.)

most riders dont need to go any further than a PCIIIusb, pair valve mod, air filter and pipes...beyond thatif you want more HP you will start dropping major $$$.
yeah i bought the bike with the exhaust already on it so now i just wanna make sure its running alright.. I dont have any backfiring at all so im gonna go ahead and get a PCIII

A power commander is used to change how much the fuel the bike gets. Each power commander can have one map loaded in it at all times. You can buy accessories such as the map selector switch or the LCD Screen to switch between different maps if need be.

You can modify the map to reduce or completely get rid of the backfiring you are having. Also your pair valve either needs to be removed from the system or blocked off to make things easier.

Power commander isn't only used to make more horsepower, it's also used to make for a smooth power band, excellent throttle response, better fuel economy, and better all around drive ability. Of course you MUST have a map made for your bike specific for this to actually work out the right way. This does not include using a map made for someone else's bike even if they have the same bike and same mods.

Even a power commander with a map tunes for your bike in stock form will help out a lot.

I can sell you a power commander and/or any of the accessories you might need. Just PM me.

Back