Passenger Peg Mod Today

JGGUNS

Registered
I never ride 2 up and I got tired of looking at the passenger pegs hanging in place for no apparent reason. I bought an set of pegs off of a wreck for $20 and I butchered them up today to replace my stockers. I will eventually get them powder coated black but tell me what you think.

I also finally got around to installing a GSXR front fender today while I was mounting a new front tire. I'm not sure that I like it all that much now that it is in place.

IMG_0043.jpg

Man if my wife saw this mod it would definitely be one she would approve of.
'cheater preventers'
No passenger pegs=no hos on the back :laugh:

not bad, would definitely look better powdercoated black so it completely blends in. I like it though. I also like the completely blacked out tail section with all the decals removed, might think about doing that to my orange/black 08. Will probably get mixed reviews on the fender. I bought one for mine and ended up taking it off, after posting pics on here and getting some opinions, i decided it kind of looked out of place/too small for the nose of the bike. Looks a lot better if the bike is lowered though. I think the charcoal/grey 08 busa's look perfect with the gsxr fender, but the orange/black doesn't look as good with it, maybe bc it doesn't blend in as much?

If u end up getting them powdercoated, have the front pegsets powdercoated also and it would look awesome
007.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

Definately, your blacked out rearsets look great. You are trying to force me to buy the vortex sets now.

Man if my wife saw this mod it would definitely be one she would approve of.
'cheater preventers'
No passenger pegs=no hos on the back :laugh:

:rofl:....I bought mine with no pegs and my wife loved it!! She rides her own bike so she said "when would you ever need them"?!!

That's funny, because I have mine off and was looking at them the other day and was gonna chop them up something like you did there. Leave just enough to fill in the hole between undertail and rear fairing. But until I get a extra set to have just in case I need some pass pegs I'm gonna just leave these stock(did cut off that ugly hook) and I powder coated them black already. Will probably stick them back on when I replace the Gold Gilles rearsets with new black ones.
Anyhow looks good, now get'em black:thumbsup:

Black the Brocks out too and it will look a lot sweeter I think, just did mine and now need to get the rearsets replaced.

In case you were wondering how it would look on your bike...wala...:rofl:

BTW, where did you get your black tank pads?? How much if you don't mind me asking?

DSCN6535.jpg

I'm hunting for some to do exactly that except I need the exhaust hanger on the right side. Can you post pics off the left for me?

Looks hot.

I'm hunting for some to do exactly that except I need the exhaust hanger on the right side. Can you post pics off the left for me?

Looks hot.

You could always use a modified exh hanger and delete pass pegs all together. This is a temp one I made on a gen 1 but pretty much same idea.

DSCN5654 (2).jpg

Black the Brocks out too and it will look a lot sweeter I think, just did mine and now need to get the rearsets replaced.

In case you were wondering how it would look on your bike...wala...:rofl:

BTW, where did you get your black tank pads?? How much if you don't mind me asking?

The tank pads are by Tech Spec. I got mine from Pashnit but you can order direct from Tech Spec as well.

I had removed the passenger pegs on my orange bike. Vortex makes a muffler hanger for the right side in black aluminum. I did that. looked great.

Back