Passenger Pegs

ALL OF THE PRO-TEK PRODUCTS DO NOT FIT THE 08---

I ALREADY BOUGHT THE FRONT REAR SETS AND THE REAR MATCHING PEGS, HAD
THEM POWDER-COATED AND THEY DID NOT WORK PROPERLY...

FIRST OFF, THE LEFT SIDES' MIDDLE MOUNTING HOLE IS CLEARLY 1/16" OFF

NEXT, THE LINKAGE IS NOT SPACED ENOUGH FROM THE SHIFTER WHICH CAUSES
THE SHIFTER TO RUB THE LINKAGE ROD

NOW TO THE OTHER SIDE...
ALL THE MOUNTING HOLES LINE UP BUT--
WHEN YOU MOUNT THE HEEL-GUARD, IT WILL NOT MOUNT WITHOUT RUBBING THE REAR
FAIRINGS (OUCH !!!)

NEXT--
THE MOUNTING OF THE REAR MASTER CYLINDER IS TILTED TOO FAR VERTICLE THAT
IT CRIMPS THE LINE/HOSE

LASTLY--

THE BRAKE PEDAL IS SO FAR TILTED THAT ITS PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR YOUR
ANKLE TO BEND TO ENGAGE YOUR REAR BRAKES....

PRO-TEK IS FULLY AWARE OF ALL OF THESE POINTS BECAUSE I CALLED THEM AND HAD A FIT !!!!!   THE CLAIM THAT IT WILL TAKE ABOUT A MONTH TO HAVE THEM
RE-FITTED....  IF THEY DON'T CORRECT ALL OF THESE PROBLEMS, I WILL HAVE TO
MOVE ON TO ANOTHER BRAND...  SOME OF THE PROBLEMS (LINKAGE/SHIFTER RUB & REAR BRAKE/LINES/PEDAL TILTED TOO FAR) WERE EXPERIENCED ON THE 99-07 BUSAS..

AND AS FOR THE REAR PEGS---ITS NOT JUST THE MOUNTING HOLE TOO SMALL, THE BALL BEARING THAT HELPS WITH THE PEG LOCKING SHUT IS NOT IN THE CORRECT AREA, AS WELL....

BUT BOY, THEY LOOK SO DARN GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!

I just wanted to keep everyone up to date on what is happening with Pro-Tek. I had called and left a message with them Saturday evening explaining what the problem was. I waited until about 11:45 this morning and when I had not heard back from them I tried to call and I got the following message on both the phone number and fax number: The number you have dialed has been disconnected or is no longer in service...
firedevil.gif
I'm not a very happy camper right now.
guns.gif

Would anyone have any info on this company or another point of contact? Thanks for any help you could give me in this matter.

I just wanted to keep everyone up to date on what is happening with Pro-Tek. I had called and left a message with them Saturday evening explaining what the problem was. I waited until about 11:45 this morning and when I had not heard back from them I tried to call and I got the following message on both the phone number and fax number: The number you have dialed has been disconnected or is no longer in service...
firedevil.gif
guns.gif

Would anyone have any info on this company or another point of contact? Thanks for any help you could give me in this matter.
oh man,sorry to hear bro, thats not right and i know you are retired too, time to make some calls

firedevil.gif
guns.gif

OK, This is where I am so far. I was not able to get through on the phone but they did answer my E-mail and this is what they replied with not even a sorry for not R&D ing the pegs at all:

<u>Yeah it appears that Suzuki has change the passenger pegs for 05-08
GSXR100, 06-08 GSXR600/750 and I guess the new 2008 Hayabusa. We are
in
the process of making a new peg but will not have anything for about a
month or so. Sorry for the phone problem, we are having problems with
Verizon, called them this morning and the phones were suppose to be
back
up in running from 5 minutes to 24 hrs.
</u>

Well the phone is working again and they now admit that the pegs do not fit and they have to design new ones and that is going to take a month and a half or longer. I will not be waiting!!! They said to ship them back and at no point have they said they were sorry in any way.
firedevil.gif

What do you mean by peg/sets deletes...?

Taking off the rear brackets completely, just the pegs or something else...?

What do you mean by peg/sets deletes...?

Taking off the rear brackets completely, just the pegs or something else...?
taking off the brackets completely.

I have no use for them and would like something I could cover up in it's space. I tried just removing them and leaving that space open but it looks retarded lol

You can get a exhust peg hole cover . I think that Schnitz sells them here on the baord . or a few have cut the section off . check out the apearance mods section .

Just got off the phone with Protek and they said the part # for this would be PG-115 and that they won't be ready for another 3 weeks or so.

if you drill the after market peg to match the hole on the stock peg, you'll lose a lot of structural integrity...better to just send it back and get a new set.

Just got off the phone with Protek and they said the part # for this would be PG-115 and that they won't be ready for another 3 weeks or so.

Please post the pics of your set up, I am going to need a set of rear pegs soon as well.

From what I hear they might be my only cheaper option...

Thanks

:brave:

Back