Passenger peg bracket removal?

Konad

Registered
Hi guys, trying to remove my passenger peg brackets for powder coating. I absolutely cannot get them to budge. I've actually broken a wrench and almost my hand thus far. Are they reverse threaded or what? Maybe the previous owner used lock tight, but that seems a little extreme.

To those that don't know. I'm talking about the two allen bolts per side that hold on the passenger peg brackets, they are located under the tail fairing.

Not reverse threaded. Maybe try a little heat? Maybe try a penetrating oil?
Maybe try just tapping the bolt with a hammer lightly to unstick it and then turn with wrench? If those don't work try all three together :laugh:

Are you just using a small allen? If so.. use a wrench on the end of it.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm using a hand held folding set of about 6 allens but I can get enough leverage on it to seriously hurt my hand. I soaked it in PB blaster over night... Maybe I'll try tapping it with a hammer then some heat.

The strange thing is, this is the case with all 4 of them.

Need more torque.. get an allen socket or a allen you can but a wrench on.
Posted via Mobile Device

Do you have a pneumatic hammer wrench by chance?

I wish, there's only so much you can do in a apartment carport. ugh.

I got it with a socket 6mm 3/4" and a breaker bar. The previous owner had used a liberal amount of blue loctite, the threads are totally clogged. Kind of odd IMO, I just dissembled almost the entire bike and this is the only application of thread locker.

Mine were COATED with loctite from the factory it was ridiculous..
Glad you got them off!:beerchug:

I wish, there's only so much you can do in a apartment carport. ugh.

I got it with a socket 6mm 3/4" and a breaker bar. The previous owner had used a liberal amount of blue loctite, the threads are totally clogged. Kind of odd IMO, I just dissembled almost the entire bike and this is the only application of thread locker.

They came from the factory like that. Suzuki didn't hold back on the loctite. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back