Pashnit Photography of San Fran Motorcycle Show !!

pashnit

Donating Member
Site Sponsor
Registered
A heartfelt thanks to all the Hayabusa.org members that stopped by at the Pashnit Booth. Such a great time to be able to meet everyone (I try) in person, or simply shake a hand. Spent a lot of time reflecting with people over the last year and all the growth of the Pashnit site. I was a wee surprised at just how many people would mention to me how long they've been using the - quite a few said since the very beginning 7 years ago!

We lucked out in that we had the entire corner of the building all to ourselves! The shot right before the show opened.

IMG_8018.jpg

Having my Hayabusa that I lead all the tours with in the booth was a huge hit and attracted tons of people interested in all the travel mods I've done to the bike. Funny thing to tell people that pretty much all I do with this bike is travel on it. I kept referring them to this page: which most of you are probably familiar with.

IMG_8019.jpg

IMG_8020.jpg

Last edited:
A short while later... during peak times, just swimming in people.
Img_8111_BusyBooth.jpg

IMG_8113.jpg

IMG_8111.jpg

IMG_8118.jpg

Last edited:
A lot of familiar faces - This is Melody, what a cutie!

IMG_8108.jpg

Img_8108_Melody.jpg

Last edited:
The busa guys from .org did their group shot with myself & the Pashnit Busa. I think other than the new stock 2007 busa in the Suzuki area, mine was the only other Hayabusa at the show. Good meeting all you guys! Some are becoming more familiar. Kent (far left- who came to our Pashnit Trackday few month ago), plus Rich (2nd from left) who I also met at Laguna Seca Moto GP, then Jim & others.

IMG_8114.jpg

IMG_8116.jpg

Last edited:
Also had fun with the raffle for free spot on a Pashnit Tour- drawing the first day...

Winner was Bill came on two tours way back in the 2004 season & his wife's been bugging him every since they gotta do another one of the rides! Funny how that works sometimes.

Img_8106_raffle_1.jpg

IMG_8106.jpg

IMG_8107.jpg

IMG_8152.jpg

One of the things that really interested a lot of people was the MotoCam we've used. Most of the video we've shot for the PashnitTours vid was done with a ChaseCam.com bullet cam with the two mounts they offer. This is the suction mount. The other one we've used is the clamp mount. Far as I know Joe is still using the Chasecam.com setup.

SportBikeCam camera mount on my tank was also a huge source of interest.

IMG_8022.jpg

IMG_8023.jpg

Last edited:
All of last month's moto-mags were filled with stories of the BUB Streamliner and the recent events on the salt flats a few months ago. A record held for 16 years was broken by the BUB Streamliner- 350 miles an hour to hold the official record!

IMG_8071.jpg

IMG_8072.jpg

Last edited:
All handbuilt in Grass Valley, CA outside Sacramento and piloted by Chris Carr of dirt track fame.

(The story goes another streamliner did go faster at 355mph, but front tire shredded and couldn't make the return run to have the 'official' record which is average of run down-run back.)
Img_8072_BUB_engine.jpg

IMG_8070.jpg

IMG_8069.jpg

Last edited:
So later that night we watched the entire program on the Speed Channel- the special they did on the top-speed runs the three streamliners did that were competing for the title of worlds fastest motorcycle. It was mentioned that Denis has been out there 16 times (I think it was) trying to get the record.

All hand-built turbo-charged motor running on methanol. They eventually did 367 mph in this.

IMG_8072-1.JPG

Last edited:
After watching that program on SPEED, plus reading all the articles, was pretty exciting to meet Denis Manning in person. He mentioned even National Geographic did a program on the competition which hasn't aired yet.

The Moto Guzzi in the Cycle World Display

IMG_8029.jpg

IMG_8028.jpg

IMG_8027.jpg

Last edited:
MV had a great display of motorcycles to drool over!

Last edited:
Keep thinking a standard would be good!

IMG_8036.jpg

IMG_8031.jpg

3 Wheel Scooter

IMG_8040.jpg

Victory

IMG_8041.jpg

IMG_8043.jpg

Last edited:
I was thinking- WOW!

Really what this reminds me of is how far the customs have pushed. Remember the 70's when the custom cars got really wild! To the point where they didn't resemble cars anymore, but more so something out of a cartoon. Anybody remember the 70's? Anyone? Feels like history is repeating itself. When I was a kid, you could buy trading cards at the grocery store (next to the candy bars) of custom cars for 25 cents. Don't see that anymore.

IMG_8044.jpg

IMG_8045.jpg

IMG_8046.jpg

IMG_8047.jpg

IMG_8049.jpg

IMG_8050.jpg

Last edited:
Bold new graphics for 2007. Everyone kept asking me if I knew when the new Hayabusa would be coming out. 2008 maybe?

2007 Suzuki Hayabusa
IMG_8061.jpg

IMG_8062.jpg

IMG_8063.jpg

The same Buell Ulysses XB12X that I wrote a Road Test Review on published in Friction Zone Magazine... Still love this bike.

IMG_8065.jpg

Last edited:
Harley VRod- lots of new colors and versions

IMG_8068.jpg

Lot of people asked me what I thought of the new Kawasaki ZX14
IMG_8101.jpg

IMG_8103.jpg

Last edited:
A lot of custom bikes on display from manufactures

IMG_8053.jpg

IMG_8054.jpg

IMG_8083.jpg