Part Identification Help

FPanico31

Registered
Can anyone identify this part? I'd love to give location, bit my Busa isn't a Busa anymore (see pic). 1 pic is without the rubber cover that fits on it, 1 pic has the rubber cover. It's current location is very close to the ECM (hope to avoid stripping loom to trace it back). Side note: The reason I have to replace, it was secured to the frame with a plastic zip tie. Looks like something (road debris maybe) broke the tie, and this part dropped on the chain and got shredded. TIA for any help identifying. There seems to be a part of a part # on the rubber cover but most of it got shredded in "the incident".

20210807_131800.jpg

20210807_131820.jpg

20210706_202049.jpg

I have to admit, after 11 years, I still haven't seen the ECU on my Gen2 so I can't say for sure but ...if that thing was located near the ECU, the rubber part was possibley meant to fit into a square opening somewhere on the OEM frame of the Hayabusa. It appears there was also a projection on the plug that is now broken off. That projection might have gone into a hole in the frame to secure the plug. The chunk of rubber would have been to absorb vibration.

If this is the case, I'd say you could wrap it in some foam and secure it somewhere with a zip tie again. Obviously it would be best to take measures to ensure the plug doesn't drop on the chain again. It seems unlikely a zip tie would get broken by flying debris. If that were the case, the wires are also vulnerable to being damaged.

Back