help identifying parts

brentonbrown

Registered
I took my 09 Busa apart 6 moths ago to get painted and alot of upgrades and I'm in the process of putting it back together. I have 2 different pieces that I cant remember where they go and I need some of the experts to chime in!

In the first 3 pics I have one of these grommetts that was in the hardware with my left side fairing. I'm not 100% sure that it goes with the left fairing but I am pretty certain that it goes with the right or the left. I have already looked through the service manual and in all the diagrams that the dealer has and cant find these parts anywhere.

In the next 3 pics I have 2 of these rubber spacers and I'm pretty sure they were somewhere under the tail piece fairng but again I've looked everywhere ad cant even find them on a parts diagram. I've put the tail on and looked everywhere to see if anything looks like it needs a spacer and cant find anything. I know these look alot like the the rubber spacers that are glued on the sides of the gas tank but it's not those.

photo4.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo[1].jpg

photo2].jpg

photo11.jpg

photo10.jpg

Thanks for the input but I know the item in the first pic is a grommett for the side fairing (I'm pretty sure the left one) but I don't know which hole it goes in??? The grommetts in all the other holes are identical and don't have the little cup made onto them like the one in my picture. The one in the picture is the only grommett on the bike that looks like that...where does it go? The second item is not the gas tank bumpers as they look different and are already installed. I'm pretty sure they came out of the tailpiece when I took it off the bike and I dont know where they're suppossed to go. There are 2 of these and they are identical.

Yes in looking at them again the channels on your pieces are shallower than the ones on the tank...sorry..

Hope you get your answers but you know what they say ?
No project is finished unless you have parts leftover....:laugh:

Back