Pair valve

karnage

Registered
Well I was bored this morning and took the pair valve and tubes off.Kind of a pain but about 45 minutes and its done.Glad I did because I found some small bolts that were loose by the radiator.So do I just plug the small hose and eliminate the big hose and cap it off??

i caped the vacuum tube running to the air box and bought some caps off ebay for $15 to block off the 4 tubes

I blocked the holes in the head.It idles smoother now.No popping in the exhaust.Didnt feel like pulling the airbox off to get at that small vacuum line off the throttle bodies so I just cut it and blocked it.On to the next change.

I blocked the holes in the head.It idles smoother now.No popping in the exhaust.Didnt feel like pulling the airbox off to get at that small vacuum line off the throttle bodies so I just cut it and blocked it.On to the next change.
I was even lazier than that, I just did the marble mod and left the pair system intact :laugh: cured the popping, smoothed the idle and was super easy....my kinda mod :beerchug:

I just capped off the box nipple where the big line went and plugged the small line and tucked it away...been fine ever since.:beerchug:

Anyone have any pictures of which holes go to the pair valve and the marble mod? I was thinking about buying the block off plates and taking the whole thing off but hey if I can get away with just a marble and all that then its fine with this guy.

Its an easy mod to do really and I cant see how a marble will stop the popping in the exhaust.It will block the flow from the airbox but doesnt it still suck air from the tubes??Also blocking the holes will make it scavenge better wouldnt it??I am glad to get that off mine.I would like to actually thread and plug the holes with pipe plugs but the plates are fine.

karnage the marble trick works and ive used it on many modern bikes as saves all the hassle of removing all the stuff blocking off plates etc

all the pair does is add air to the exhaust to help burn any fuel and make the gas cleaner.

so if you cut off the air supply to the pair you have basically stopped the pair valve working.

this worked great on my rc51 and even better on a z750 but made no difference to my vfr or blackbird

Back