Pair System Removal

mopar75110

Registered
I need advice please. I bought an '07 Busa two weeks ago and want to remove the PAIR system when I remove the lower fairing to change oil the first time. My question is; can I simply remove the system?? Is there a valve on the airbox that receives an electrical signal I need to do something about to prevent an FI code light appearing?? Thanks for any help guys!!

There is a good play by play here - let me look around and see what I can dig up..

My question would be at this point, other than weight reduction (~3lbs), why would you mess with taking it off?

Don

(mopar75110 @ Jan. 12 2007,08:43) I need advice please.  I bought an '07 Busa two weeks ago and want to remove the PAIR system when I remove the lower fairing to change oil the first time.  My question is; can I simply remove the system??  Is there a valve on the airbox that receives an electrical signal I need to do something about to prevent an FI code light appearing??   Thanks for any help guys!!
From what I remember, you just need to cap the lines to the airbox and the throttlebodies as well as off the case above the headers... but Don asks a good question?

I know it's a small thing, but the PAIR system doesn't help the bike look or run better, and it would be an easy thing to remove, so why drag around the unnecessary weight? I don't believe any of us would add this system to our bikes if it weren't there, so I don't want it.

Ditch the pair valve. Get a set of block off plates or modify your own.
In the thread by Heavybusa titled "ride in the mountains", i modified heavy's pair valve tubes by crimping them and folding them over. Which made them blockoffs. Check it out, it's an easy and free mod. Then all you have to do is go to the autoparts store and get some rubber caps to block the ports that the pair valve hoses connect to.

You will spend allot of time and energy getting to the Pair valve to remove it and/or cap the inlets to the head. You need to remove the radiator (I did mine without but wouldn't do it again) to get at it. You should consider doing an exhaust system at the same time for the labor involved. Exhaust system, air box mod, BMC or K&N filter, PCIII USB make a huge difference. Otherwise I would leave it alone until you are ready.

You need block off plates and 2 different sized caps.

You don't have to remove the radiator, just dissconnect the mounting bolts and leave all the hoses connected. Remove the horn(I think) and fan. Disconnect the mounting bolts on the oil cooler but again don't dissconnect any of the fluid lines. The radiator and oil cooler can be pushed forward to give you space to remove the PAIR.

There is no FI code assoicated with the PAIR, remove it and cap the air box fitting and the throttle body fitting.

Useually you only need to do this if you are getting an aftermarket exhaust. You can get teh blockoff plates from Goldenchild or streetntrack .

Back