painting rear sets/foot pegs

SPEEDEMON

Donating Member
Registered
i want to paint my rear sets and my pasenger pegs black, matt black, whats the best cost effective way for doin this...

HPIM0653test.JPG

Powdercoat is very effective. Stands up to whtever you may do to them.

I want to do mine as well as the cans. I was thinking grill paint would be good for the cans. will stand up to the heat and I think it will match the frame pretty good. If it matches good I think I'll paint the rear sets and passerger pegs too. I was told grill paint is pretty tough.

I got some plastic plugs to cover the holes in the frameand painted them with krylon flat black spraypaint and it looks good . I do plan on taking my rearsets and footpegs and getting them powdercoated . I figure that will be about $50. My extended swingarm is costing me $65.

I got some plastic plugs to cover the holes in the frameand painted them with krylon flat black spraypaint and it looks good . I do plan on taking my rearsets and footpegs and getting them powdercoated . I figure that will be about $50. My extended swingarm is costing me $65.
thats not so much...where should i take it to get powder coated?

oh and i am very lucky
wink.gif

the pegs have rubber on them witch will melt and the levers have the adjuster and i'm not sure what it is made of. needs to withstand 400 deg i did some levers for a zrx1100? The guy wanted levers black and adjuster to stay chrome.I had to tape it for sandblast and paint i charged him $40. pegs with no rubber on them would be $15.

the pegs have rubber on them witch will melt and the levers have the adjuster and i'm not sure what it is made of. needs to withstand 400 deg i did some levers for a zrx1100? The guy wanted levers black and adjuster to stay chrome.I had to tape it for sandblast and paint i charged him $40. pegs with no rubber on them would be $15.
ok so $70 for all for foot pegs and brackets...and as far as the brake and shift lever goes, is there a diff way to paint them black....
i might just have to do this to my bike i thik it would look awesome for them to match the frame!

Back