Painted Panels

And now you'll wait how long? You'll see.. He flat out called me a liar.. Get your money back and go local, you will be money and time ahead..
beerchug.gif

Good luck on what you do..
wink.gif

(DR1300R @ Jul. 14 2007,09:13) And now you'll wait how long? You'll see.. He flat out called me a liar.. Get your money back and go local, you will be money and time ahead..
beerchug.gif

wink.gif
I appreciate your opinion. And it may turn out to be fact. Funny thing is (10) years ago I would be jumping off walls. Now nearing 40 and believe in giving people an opportunity to correct their mistakes. There are probably people that have had great luck through them.
Do something good, and people may tell a few, do something bad and people tell everybody.

Will let you know...

Any update on this topic?? Did RaceReady come through okay and correct their mistakes?? Just wondering before I contact them about doing mine!! Let us know...

(Roadie8105 @ Aug. 09 2007,03:56) Any update on this topic??  Did RaceReady come through okay and correct their mistakes??  Just wondering before I contact them about doing mine!!  Let us know...
I'd just ride your bike right down to a local paint shop and get it done. No shipping, no BS, and it supports your local economy. I bet in the end it will save you time and money.

(SpeedGeek @ Aug. 10 2007,12:04)
(Roadie8105 @ Aug. 09 2007,03:56) Any update on this topic?? Did RaceReady come through okay and correct their mistakes?? Just wondering before I contact them about doing mine!! Let us know...
I'd just ride your bike right down to a local paint shop and get it done. No shipping, no BS, and it supports your local economy. I bet in the end it will save you time and money.
And look better..
wink.gif

(Roadie8105 @ Aug. 09 2007,03:56) Any update on this topic??  Did RaceReady come through okay and correct their mistakes??  Just wondering before I contact them about doing mine!!  Let us know...
Called me and said the panels are ready and shipped out Monday. Will pick them up Monday and post update.

i usually have the panels done in 4 to 5 days working only in the eveings at the shop . but and its a big but , its not a fun project to undertake if you are new at it.

(SnapAttack @ Jul. 14 2007,14:flamethrowing:)
(DR1300R @ Jul. 14 2007,09:13) And now you'll wait how long? You'll see.. He flat out called me a liar.. Get your money back and go local, you will be money and time ahead..
beerchug.gif

wink.gif
I appreciate your opinion. And it may turn out to be fact. Funny thing is (10) years ago I would be jumping off walls. Now nearing 40 and believe in giving people an opportunity to correct their mistakes. There are probably people that have had great luck through them.
Do something good, and people may tell a few, do something bad and people tell everybody.

Will let you know...
It is possible that they had a bad apple. Now that they have realized their problem, they are offering the customer service expected from a member of such an influential website.

I am glad to hear they are making it correct.

Ok. So an update as promised. Here are a couple pics of the old panels that are being replaced... good thing.

Chipping.jpg

I get the new panels in. They look great as far as craftsmanship and quality. Color is still way off... but the lines do match. Am I completely satisfied with the product/issues. No. But I must admit... Williams response to the issues are commendable. IMO they are ssslllllooooowwwwww. But if my first set looked like the replacements and the color actually matched up, I would have waited and been happy. You'll notice that the second set (replacements) had the trim sanded smooth and the original set did not. Makes me question their consistentcy as well. I will more than likely get them redone locally. Everyone asks me if I "wrecked" the bike becasue the panels don't match...

Chipping.jpg

Panels really do not match!! Thanks for the update and I think I'll save my money and have this done locally.. Know a GOOD paint guy that could do much better for same money!!

Thanks again and good luck!!

Well, almost a month to the date and guess what's bubbling up and chipping. My new panel that replaced the old panels with the same problem. I don't expect these to last the season. Happy hunting vendors my fellow members. IMO Raceready is not recommended.

BubbleAgain__Small_.jpg

prep was rushed. Same problem i had on my mirrors. one of them is peeling at the base.
I rushed it.

Winter mods.......sand and paint inner, brake lines, redo left mirror.
beerchug.gif

Back