Painted Panels

SnapAttack

Donating Member
Registered
Here are some pics of my panels that arrived today from Raceready. Overall I am pleased with the look but expected a little more quality. Not to mention the 5 week turnaround pushed the 2-3 week timeline out a bit. Mirrors and upper panels are ok but both lower panels had bubbling/chipping out of the box. The left lower panel also appears to have warped, probably under heat and does not fit as it did stock. I will provide an update to Raceready's response to this isue but here are some pics. Thanks.

IMG_0446.JPG

They did my mirrors 1st.. They came with a chip right out of the box, and the quality and color was to say the least piss poor.. A phone call and some arguing about the issue and low and behold a full refund was issued..So yes they made it right.. I then took them to a local painter to get done professionally..

Raceready bad.. I would not recommend to anyone..

I was definitely ready to send my stuff and have it done!! Is this the 'norm' to have these issues or just a rare instance?? Anyones input as to their experiences would be great!!

Looks great from a few feet off but I am sure you are VERY anal (just as I am) when it comes to stuff like this.. GOOD LUCK!! Keep us posted!!!

from a distance they look good.
they should make it right.
the lines being off i dont think they would help you on,if that was the only thing but with the added bubble peeling paint i think they will redo. the lines are so hard to do without the bike being there, you can measure all day long and still miss it a few times, not saying its right, but this would be there excuse.

this is the type of feedback that can sink a company.
If it's not spot on, durable and lastly...you're happy, it's not
right. This may be 2007, but good business never changes.

Bubbling paint out of the box is a bad sign.  I would expect to see more paint bubble shortly.  Usually because of poor prep or cheap paint.  The lines not lining up is a tough one.   I wouldn't want to try that without having the bike.  Hope they will give you a refund.  Good luck.

After looking at the pics again I'm suprised they painted the vinyl trim pieces. I question whether the paint will stay on those.

theres work involved in doing these, mine have stayed mint since i done them.
its all in the prep work. looks like in this case, its a paint and go.or a lick and a promise.
i would be very ill with it myself also.

Update. It appears the lines are off on the left side due to the panel being warped. They had to see some extreme heat somewhere somehow. When I take out the 3rd wcrew closest to the bars the panel moveds toward the tank and lines up better.

Raceready responded immediately to my email. They are sending me a set of stock panes to switch out so I can send the others back. I am going to ask them to replace the left rather than just repaint.

Customer service (other than production delays) has been top notch. I will let you know as things progree.

(SnapAttack @ Jul. 14 2007,08:28) Update. It appears the lines are off on the left side due to the panel being warped. They had to see some extreme heat somewhere somehow. When I take out the 3rd wcrew closest to the bars the panel moveds toward the tank and lines up better.

Raceready responded immediately to my email. They are sending me a set of stock panes to switch out so I can send the others back. I am going to ask them to replace the left rather than just repaint.

Customer service (other than production delays) has been top notch. I will let you know as things progree.
beerchug.gif
glad to hear

Back