paint samples....

card16969

Registered
so im shopping around trying to figure out what colors i want to go with.. i already have the design that i want to do but im trying to find the exact colors i want to go with.. does anyone know of anywhere online where you can go look at decent sized samples of colors. I went to house of kolors website but their little samples are all at an angle and show up as a variation of colors so its not a good idea of the color. Any help is appreciated considdering i was getting quite annoyed looking.

you really cannot get a good look at samples on a computer. all displays show things different than they will actually be. Your best bet is to go to different shops or order sample books.

Another option is to troll the new car lots and see what colors you like, then you walk up to the sticker and find out the info

You can go to your paint stores and look at their books. Likely someone in town will have HOK or similar with some samples you can look at. I like to spray soda cans with sample paint so i can see what it looks like on curved surfaces. I've also sprayed test panels but they just don't due the tri-coat paints justice.

you really cannot get a good look at samples on a computer. all displays show things different than they will actually be. Your best bet is to go to different shops or order sample books.

haha im tired of hanging out at the stores im starting to feel like a groupie haha, found a color and trying to find a matching color such a pita

my stepdads a painter so im trying to find the color matching the bike i found that i want to match...
red-hayabusa.png

I've painted that color ...

P1030402smal.jpg

Edit, well pretty close. They look a little different side by side.

yeah yours is a little darker but it looks good, im going to do red with black frame covers, swingarm, rearsets and rear pegs, rims, undertail and black accents on the bike the idea for the accents i have it should look amazing

yeah yours is a little darker but it looks good, im going to do red with black frame covers, swingarm, rearsets and rear pegs, rims, undertail and black accents on the bike the idea for the accents i have it should look amazing

Not mine, but I sprayed it. It is candy brandywine over zenith gold. I think your color would be sliver or gold base with wild cherry, burgundy, or apple red candys that they show here:

House of Kolor: Urethane Kandys (UK)

You can buy sample size paint from them but the color match isn't so good compared to what you get with the quart.

Not mine, but I sprayed it. It is candy brandywine over zenith gold. I think your color would be sliver or gold base with wild cherry, burgundy, or apple red candys that they show here:

House of Kolor: Urethane Kandys (UK)

You can buy sample size paint from them but the color match isn't so good compared to what you get with the quart.

yeah ive done a few cars in house of kolor paint and not a single one of them showed up the same as their sample i was quite disappointed in a couple of them and they were mixed correctly

yeah ive done a few cars in house of kolor paint and not a single one of them showed up the same as their sample i was quite disappointed in a couple of them and they were mixed correctly

Honestly I think in my case it is the fault of TCP Global not HOK. They are cheap but their customer service and attention to detail is seriously lacking.

Honestly I think in my case it is the fault of TCP Global not HOK. They are cheap but their customer service and attention to detail is seriously lacking.

on my eclipse i used hok and the silver turned out way lighter than the sample i got and the same with others either lighter or darker and dont like how their paint takes so many layers to build up

Back