Paint Question ...

SuzukiRider

Donating Member
Registered
Just had a couple questions re: re-painting parts on a bike.

Over the weekend, while messing with the bike, it became more and more evident that the red on the seat cowl does not match the rest of the bike ... see pic below.

IMG_0054.jpg

It is bugging the hell out of me & I want to get it re-painted.

Was just wodering if anyone had gotten parts re-painted the same color as the original paint? How did it come out? Did it look the same as the rest of the ride?

Also, was searching on the site & came accross a post with this site ... www.colorrite.com ... is this the best site/paint code to use and let my local bodyshop guy know of?

Thanks for the help...

~Simon

you can get an oem painted hump for a little over 100 dollars , not sure what repainting fees will be but im sure they will be as close if not exceed the price of a new hump .

From what others have said colorite is good.

You may want to take a part of your bike to a local auto paint mixer and have them match you bike as it is currently.

Maybe carry the belly pan if it is close to the bikes current color. The bad part about getting an oem color on a bike that has some fade is that it wont match either, it will be a bright as the original paint was...not is.

Why is the hump different? It may be cheaper to buy a new hump on Ebay for you year of bike?

Thanks guys ... I'll keep my eye on Ebay (nothing right now) & also check with local dealers to see costs for a replacement one that will actually match the bike.

I have a place that sells factory parts really cheap...
But why is that so different, was it painted before? Was it in the sun for a long time, you use degreasor to clean it
rock.gif
? I dont understand why its so faaded...
But anyway I would try getting some
High cut rubbing compound
High luster polshing compound
and a good pigment enhancing wax.....
Cut it with the R compound, polish it and then wax it, you should be able to bring it back, if it ever was the same color...
Good luck

I got this bike used from a dealer, so honestly not sure about the whole paint thing.

The hump wasnt on at the dealer, and only noticed when I put it on after delivery. I'll be checking with my local Suzuki dealer to see how much replacements are.

Thanks for the tips ... might try to polish it and whatnot over the weekend.

looks like A 04 LIMITED hump..not the same red..

sell Yours and buy the correct one!!!..matching factory colors is hard and its probably going to cost more in the end..

just My 2 cents..

Heres my bike with the factory stickers removed, tank stickers are clear coated under.

Picture_605.jpg

Got this from colorite and had a pro painter do the nose and tank, he said this is one of the hardest paints to match up because of the two different coats/layers. The nose came out less than perfect and I sold it.

Picture_991.jpg

I put an OEM  04 LE  nose and front fender on and the OEM is a better match than the painted up against the side panels, the tank is sufficient because it's not up against any other body parts.   Oh and the 05 sides and rear are 04 LE with stickers on them. The whole paint and match the existing parts thing was a waste of time and money.  
If you do paint, use an easier color and paint the whole bike.   The OEM nose and sides aren't a perfect match but close enough, I have to point it out to most others for them to notice.  
I would assume that even factory paint batches vary regardless of the color and all the parts would have to be hit with the batch for it to be perfect.

black_busa_015.jpg

Love those pics of the Fastest-colored moto's !!!!
super.gif

I'm tellin' ya....no really......

Back