Paint Job ... finally got the ball rolling

Nice but put a bit more colour in the mid fairing some pics of mine day glo orange/ candy red / liquid silver / matt black

051.jpg

052.jpg

054.jpg

055.jpg

049.jpg

OK I will make it more plain and simple ............ that's as far as we got last week ........ it is NOT DONE ....... with our work schedules , my brother (the painter) and I can't get together to FINISH it until this weekend .

I thought it was obvious enough ... but 2 people said it needs color in the lowers (duh ?) ... if you see the blue fineline in the pix ... you can see where the color breaks will be .

BTW Anton , it's nice to see someone else not afraid to use a bright color on a 'Busa :thumbsup:

Sorry my mistake on second time round i did notice the blue pinstripe tape anyway cant wait to see your scoot when done:whistle::whistle:

As promised , here a a couple 6mp shots :thumbsup:

DSCN0999.jpg

DSCN0998.jpg

DSCN0995.jpg

the color is MUCH more impressive in person , I will get some afternoon / indirect light shots posted soon .

looking good
Say i have a question on your wheels are they painted or powder coated. If they are painted does mounting the tires damage the paint.

That is impressive my friend, well done, tasteful and she will surely stand out in the crowd. :thumbsup:

The wheels are painted ... I change all my own tires (by hand) and never make the slightest scratch ...

Simple tire irons , and several chunks of old antifreeze bottles for protecting the rim from each grab I make with the irons .

Some racer guy posted a nice "how-to" on you tube . Lay an old blanket on the shop floor and use just the right amount of very soapy water , it's not rocket science .

I also made a bead breaker and wheel balancer all from DIY youtube vids . I just love being able to do all that at home for free . :thumbsup:

It gets much easier once you have done it a few times .

Thanks for the info i am thinking of painting my wheels. try useing those hard plastic tools they use for biciclye tires. Whats the trick on ballancing.

Large slabs of antifreeze bottle plastic work much better than "clip-on" rim protectors IMO .

To balance , I use the axle and wheels from my oxy/acetylene bottle cart .
Put the hollow stock axle back in the rim and fix it to the skinny rod with small chunks of funnel and large washer with hose clamps . Like this ----l>----<l---- . Then put the cart wheels back on the skinny axle and set them on 2 jackstands . Turn wheel a few times and let gravity show you the lightest spot , mark it with masking tape and experimentally put a chunk of weight there . Eventually , once you find the perfect amount of weight the wheel will sit at any spot in the rotation and not spin back to show any light spot . My tires are smooth as glass at speeds of around 170 , so that is good enough for me . :laugh:

The large "S" is no accident , this scheme uses "most" of the '99 'Busa factory paint lines .

It does look incredible in the sun , but full sun photos turn more pastel orange than it ever looks in person .

The color is House of Kolor "Shimrin Neon RED" ... I realize to many people , in most lighting people will think it is orange . But as you can see in a couple of my photos it can look extremely red in some lighting .

The bike was not "wrecked" , it just had a few small "fell while parked" scratches from the previous owner . That helped me get a good deal on it , I knew my brother would make me paint any 'Busa I bought , so boring black and grey with a couple scratches worked perfectly . :laugh:

Back