Overloading

23 lbs in tank bag and 15lbs in each pannier plus 7lb tent on rear cowl.
Also mindful that the subframe is aluminium again. Think the G2 changed to steel after some of the earlier aluminium ones snapped.

Check your tire pressures and suspension settings as per the manual....if you are over the max weight....not much you can do other than try and set it up for that.

100lbs overweight is pretty significant-especially with a sport bike.

The extra gear weight sounds evenly distributed, and pretty insignificant in the big picture.
I would however consider the passenger's weight, whatever it may be, and if the subframe can handle it.
I would have the suspension resprung and valved for the weight too, otherwise, the handling will be poor.
I would also upgrade the front pads, I'm still sold on EBC "Extreme Pro" carbon ceramic, as they Do stop you sooner.
As @Bumblebee mentioned above, tire pressure is Very important also.

And, for what it's worth, 20ish years ago I was with a group on my 94 zx7, a couple showed up that I never saw before or since, on a blue 2000 Busa...and they Each had to be pushing 500 lbs!
I've never seen so much ass on a motorcycle, even to this day!
How long it lasted or held up I'll never know, but, the group nailed it on the highway, and the newish R1's and the zx9's walked away...right along with the Busa...that they couldn't leave...and my 750 had no chance of catching...with a half a ton of ass on it! lmao!
So yeah, they can take the weight.
Should you? Probably not.

23 lbs in tank bag and 15lbs in each pannier plus 7lb tent on rear cowl.
Also mindful that the subframe is aluminium again. Think the G2 changed to steel after some of the earlier aluminium ones snapped.
If you have an aluminum tail frame, I wouldn't carry a passenger even without the luggage. Yes, the Gen2 went to a steel tail frame and I've carried a good 200 pounder on it without problems except the front wheel was litterally floating going up a steep hill :laugh: .

Please make sure your chain adjustment compensates for the second body, and the extra weight, or you're running a tight chain.

I've learned to do this over the years, load the bike, lean over the saddle, and grab the chain, check it with the ruler and see what you got.

Be concerned if your bike looks like this....

download (1).jpg

Back