Outdoor Cover

Chrisblood123

Registered
Hi all.
Im looking for an outdoor weatherproof shelter for my 2021 Busa.
Cycle Shell do one in the USA but cant find anything here in the UK.
It needs to have a base and be sealable so NOTHING gets in.
Iv seen a few bike bags that would work but constantly getting the bike in and out wouldnt work in the long term.
The foldable ones seem a good bet but cant find one with a base.
Any ideas ?

@Chrisblood123

even the best tarpaulin does not really protect your motorcycle in the long run.
after 2-3 months and bad weather and stronger wind you will find dust and even withered leaves in the most incredible places.
my experiances. :(

if you really want to park it dry and sheltered from the wind, your busa needs a bike hut made of wood or something (approx. 2.5 x 4.0 m) with a stable door that is approx. 2x2 m wide.

@Chrisblood123

even the best tarpaulin does not really protect your motorcycle in the long run.
after 2-3 months and bad weather and stronger wind you will find dust and even withered leaves in the most incredible places.
my experiances. :(

if you really want to park it dry and sheltered from the wind, your busa needs a bike hut made of wood or something (approx. 2.5 x 4.0 m) with a stable door that is approx. 2x2 m wide.
+1
I had a cover on my bike and wind action caused the cover to sand through the tail lens (worst case) and leave buff/scratch marks on fairing parts. I no longer cover the bike, which is only slightly better: blown dust can get into the clutch kill switch and prevent bike from starting.

It's regularly windy where I live. YMMV

CycleShell won't ship to the UK?
I had one for years, and sold it a few months ago(moved and got a garage about 3-4 years after buying it).
They are excellent.
Nothing got in, and the vents kept condensation off it, the bike was dry on the most humid days.
No dust, dirt, leaves, etc.
I came out to a foot of snow on it several times too, knocked the snow off, done.
The weight didn't hurt the cover either.
Hopefully you can find a way to get one shipped to you.
The Busa, as well as my Bking, and 1000's all fit in the Medium size CycleShell.

I've used storage units the last few years. They're about $65 per month and worth it if you have to rent. For what I pay for my poop hole apartment, I could buy a wood stove and live in six of them. I'd have way more space. Other than needing to find alternate bathing and toilet accommodations, I don't think it would be a heck of a lot worse than how I live now. I'm a person so think how good that would be for a motorcycle.

Does Suzuki make a factory cover for the Busa? I have found that factory covers have always had a superior fit over aftermarket covers but no cover is going to keep every bit of dust, dirt or debris out. I don't have a garage so I've always used covers to protect my bikes, I tried Dowco but they didn't hold up well. I got smart and started buying factory covers and they hold up well, keep 99% of crap out and none of them have ever damaged the paint on my bikes. They do cost a little more but they work.

Does Suzuki make a factory cover for the Busa? I have found that factory covers have always had a superior fit over aftermarket covers but no cover is going to keep every bit of dust, dirt or debris out. I don't have a garage so I've always used covers to protect my bikes, I tried Dowco but they didn't hold up well. I got smart and started buying factory covers and they hold up well, keep 99% of crap out and none of them have ever damaged the paint on my bikes. They do cost a little more but they work.
FYI. Oxford Protex Stretch-Fit Indoor Premium Motorcycle Cover Size M, in my opinion it can be used still with side cases.
Screenshot_2024-03-01-17-58-57-423.jpeg

Back