Other than color, What is the difference in the K8 and K9 busa

FYI: If you do find a left over 08 out there, make sure that the dealership does the ignition wire recall fix for ya.
Other than that, they are basically the same machine, except for that I here tell the 09s have been tweaked ever so slightly so that they can outrun all these dudes on here mouthin' off about how fast their halloweenie colored 08s are!! :laugh:

FYI: If you do find a left over 08 out there, make sure that the dealership does the ignition wire recall fix for ya.
Other than that, they are basically the same machine, except for that I here tell the 09s have been tweaked ever so slightly so that they can outrun all these dudes on here mouthin' off about how fast their halloweenie colored 08s are!! :laugh:

Oh No He Didnt :moon:
That is from my ORANGE 2008 Jim :laugh:

Search for the K8 on the Orange/Black, this is the fastest bike, this is the prettiest colors and with enough wax on/wax off the easiest to wipe everyone's druel off.

Suzuki will keep this under wraps, until the K8's are all gone, hope I don't get my source in trouble. Here are the differences between the K8 and K9.

1.) The ignition switch wiring has been routed and slightly extended.
2.) Upgrade to the gear indicator switching device.
3.) The counterbalancer has a slightly different profile, to reduce vibration in the 4,000 to 5,000 RPM range.
4.) Small modification to how the ECM controls the two cooling fans.
5.) The ventilation holes in the cylinder skirt have been changed slightly to optimise pumping losses.
6.) Tension on the back torque limiting clutch have been changed, optimised for track use, based on K8 feedback.
7.) Composition of the chrome-moly rods have changed slightly, more carbon, the rods are thinned slightly, less mass.
8.) The ECU map is slightly different to compensate for (7) and (5) and provide a better 60ft drag time in "A" mode
9.) Updated valving in the front fork, follows K8 testing.
10.) Differnt color schemes for the K9.

Suzuki wishes to keep these changes under wraps, to give a further edge above the ZX14 and obviously not slow down K8 sales. If you read this far, you can't have your click back, cause I made all of this up, time to shut down the PC, lock the office and go home.

suzuki will keep this under wraps, until the k8's are all gone, hope i don't get my source in trouble. Here are the differences between the k8 and k9.

1.) the ignition switch wiring has been routed and slightly extended.
2.) upgrade to the gear indicator switching device.
3.) the counterbalancer has a slightly different profile, to reduce vibration in the 4,000 to 5,000 rpm range.
4.) small modification to how the ecm controls the two cooling fans.
5.) the ventilation holes in the cylinder skirt have been changed slightly to optimise pumping losses.
6.) tension on the back torque limiting clutch have been changed, optimised for track use, based on k8 feedback.
7.) composition of the chrome-moly rods have changed slightly, more carbon, the rods are thinned slightly, less mass.
8.) the ecu map is slightly different to compensate for (7) and (5) and provide a better 60ft drag time in "a" mode
9.) updated valving in the front fork, follows k8 testing.
10.) differnt color schemes for the k9.

Suzuki wishes to keep these changes under wraps, to give a further edge above the zx14 and obviously not slow down k8 sales. If you read this far, you can't have your click back, cause i made all of this up, time to shut down the pc, lock the office and go home.

:poke::poke:

Back