Org app?

sixpack577

Top Gun
Donating Member
Registered
How can I download the org's app to an Android?
In the last few weeks I have had a window pop up several times that says by clicking on it I can download the app(and it shows a picture of the app too).
I click on it, and it disapears(wth).
If I go to the playstore and search the apps, nothing comes up.
Makes no sense.
In my laziness it would be much easier to click an app, vs typing in the address every time.
Anyone have any info?
Thanks

Ya Its just favorites on web browser. I have like 9 when I pull up my web browser. I don’t think the org has a app. I could be wrong.

0FCBBE21-286D-4FCF-B0EC-4E2D36DE3694.png

Poking around the org I found history of two different mobile apps. I see the definitive end of Tapatalk here in 2012. The apparent replacement to that, Forumrunner, was purchased by some conglomerate and intentionally killed a few years after that. That is all <THIS GUY> can find.

Poking around the org I found history of two different mobile apps. I see the definitive end of Tapatalk here in 2012. The apparent replacement to that, Forumrunner, was purchased by some conglomerate and intentionally killed a few years after that. That is all <THIS GUY> can find.
Thanks man, I knew there was one at one time!
...but oh well

Still trying to get this working.
A few minutes ago the Org prompted me to download the app, I clicked on it, and it disapeared.
If I open the app store, and minimize the page, the Org app appears on the bottom left of the screen.
I can tap it and it brings me here.
But, that is The Only way the app will show up, not anywhere else.
It's not under Favorites or the app store, and if I press and hold the app icon to move it, it opens it...wth??
Android, and makes no sense.
Apparently this is why I'm not getting rich making youtube videos, lol

@sixpack577 I suspect that is a shortcut/bookmark to the forum and it opens the web browser. When I create a shortcut on my iPhone desktop it appears similar, and my Safari view of the site looks like your view. Also perhaps it prompted you for the mobile site version if you were somehow hitting the desktop version of the site. Sometimes, painfully, mobile sites do not automatically pop up on a phone and the desktop version is painful and cumbersome. Were you dealing with a full-sized site before on the tiny screen? If you can you recall exactly what the prompts said that may provide further hints.

Last edited:
@sixpack577 I suspect that is a shortcut/bookmark to the forum and it opens the web browser. When I create a shortcut on my iPhone desktop it appears similar, and my Safari view of the site looks like your view. Also perhaps it prompted you for the mobile site version if you were somehow hitting the desktop version of the site. Sometimes, painfully, mobile sites do not automatically pop up on a phone and the desktop version is painful and cumbersome. Were you dealing with a full-sized site before on the tiny screen? If you can you recall exactly what the prompts said that may provide further hints.

I'm not sure if I was/am on the desktop or phone version, and I am on my phone, but the site fits the screen and functions properly.
I honestly forget the exact wording of the prompt that came up for it too.
It was just a small ribbon across the bottom of the screen with the icon in it.
It is probably just as you say it is, only it appears and acts like an app.

Back