Order of fairing removal / tank rod

dcnblues

Registered
All right, I need to run a power cord up to the handlebars to power my phone. I pulled the seat, but realized I couldn't lift it without removing some of the side fairings. What is the order of removal? And are people using gen 1 and Gen 2 tank rods to hold up the tank? Thank you.

for those questions (and 99.99%) of all others the gen3 manual is written ;)

have it not yet?

ask around here and i guess .... ;)

All right, I need to run a power cord up to the handlebars to power my phone. I pulled the seat, but realized I couldn't lift it without removing some of the side fairings. What is the order of removal? And are people using gen 1 and Gen 2 tank rods to hold up the tank? Thank you.
I don't come on here to plug my own $stuff but I made a video for installing a usb charger. In my case I didn't need to lift the tank or completely remove a fairing. I was able to just losing the right-side fairing and tuck the wires underneath.

I don't come on here to plug my own $stuff but I made a video for installing a usb charger. In my case I didn't need to lift the tank or completely remove a fairing. I was able to just losing the right-side fairing and tuck the wires underneath.

That is nice. I had one on my 09 that I had wired into my hazard light switch. Back then I really couldn’t find one with an on/off button on it itself. Yours is much better. Well done.

I used to complain about having to take the right side fairing off to change the oil filter on my gen 2. Yes, I know you can just split the bottom, but I don't like getting oil everywhere.

As far as I can tell you have to remove the left and right fairings in addition to the tank cover just to lift the tank and check the air filter and do plugs.

The price we pay for having such a gorgeous machine.

You don’t have to remove the side fairings to lift the tank. Just slightly lift the edges and remove the pop rivets to remove the tank cover. Then lightly pull the Velcro apart and tank lifts right up.

It is ridiculous that Suzuki went from essentially four bolts to lift the tank to over a dozen an extra cover and a lot of waisted time… :cussing:

Back