Orange wheels on my 08 orange Busa?

mynewride

Registered
How do you guys think my bike would look like with matching orange wheels. What about the red to match the pin striping? Thinking of ditching the black wheels. Thanks for your opinions.

IMG_7437.jpg

My first thought was the orange wheels might be a bit of an overkill, but after looking at the pic there may be enough black on the bike to make it work.

I think orange would be sweet! It is a 3 stage paint though. Probably have to pay a shop to paint them. Also, touch-ups are difficult to blend in if they get scratched. I wonder what it would look like with orange center and polished rim edge.

the polished stainless pipe will be going eventually for a black unit. The wheels will be getting powdercoated, not painted if at all possible. The reason I was asking was that I will have a set spare wheels and tires very cheap soon. I will use them to powdercoat. maybe somebody with more knowledge on podercoating will tell me if they can match the paint on my bike.

^^^JMHO, I would just go with a solid orange. If the wheels were a part of the plastics I wouldsay they must be 08 CAndy MAx Orange but being that the wheeels are....wheels, just go with a nice solid one coat orange.

I've asked the question a couple times before about painting wheels. The consensus has been POWDERCOAT ONLY!! Paint is likely to scratch right away from rocks. Personally, I think it might be worth a try to rattle can if you can find the right color and you are good with a spraycan and finishing techniques. ...but I would only try this in winter when the bike was stored ant the paint had a few months to cure. Fresh paint is very vulnerable to simply dissolving when in contact with any solvent stronger than water. The first time you cleaned the rear rim od chain lube fling the finish would be damaged. Some colors and brands of paint stay tacky for months. Valspar orange (which BTW would be nice for your bike) is very slow.

If you want to avoid trouble, I would suggest powdercoating.

Then again after the wheels are on for a few months and get scratched at the tire shop (which most do first time), you won't worry so much about the pristine finish anymore.
:banghead:

IMO only way you could pull off orange wheels if you get them powder coated the EXACT same color as the paint.

I think it will look tacky. sorry. that orange is hard to replicate in a powercoat and if u just paint em id be afarid they wud chip and look cheesy. it wud have to be the exact color otherwise it wud just look wrong.

I think having an orange sticker that goes around the wheel that matches that exact orange color would look far better and you cud replace it. u could chose a couple different sizes.

red wheels are not gonna work imo either.

and btw, that is my absolute favorite color busa ever made and I really wish I had that wen I started my build....:banghead: too much orange is gonna ruin it imo. but obviously im in the minority of opinion.

I will have to talk to some powder coat shops. I will only do podercoat for reasons already listed. I've had wheels powder coated before. The color has to be a perfect match. I will not settle for less. Isn't there somebody here on the org that does powder coating? I have a spare set of wheels.

... too much orange is gonna ruin it imo. but obviously im in the minority of opinion.
You just can't loose sticking with black wheels on the 08 B/O. I paid an extra 1000 bucks to get that color. One of the last B/O available from out of the showrooms came to my door in 2010. I agree, that scheme is about the best Suz came up with.. for the Gen2. They went with their strongest design for the intro of the Gen2. Plenty of thought went into it, I'm sure and black is probably the best option...

but I have owned my B/O for 3 years now. I would consider refreshing the appearance up a bit . I think the Orange of the 08 busa will be very close to the tone and hue of the red on the lower of this Repsol....don't you think a B/O busa would look nice with Repsol orange wheels? Be interesting to compare to an burnt orange but so much of the impact of Candymax Orange is from the deep lusterous effect. the way light affects solid opaque pigment vs transparent layers and metal flakes is differet.

HondaCBR1000RR05repsol.jpg

I would def photoshop it to get an idea of what this will look like. As precise as PS seems to be it only offers an approximation but the best we have right now.

Here you go...

I'm not a chrome fan but have to say it looks great on the Orange..

100_2074.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here you go...

I'm not a chrome fan but have to say it looks great on the Orange..

100_2074.jpg

I'm not a fan of chrome either, thats why I got rid of mine, but it does look good with chrome. Not like the third pic, the color of the wheels and sets aren't even close...but again, just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep everything black and go orange on the wheels if you want a change. I'm voting to make the wheels a definite different orange from the plastic. If you attempt to copy the CM Orange with a one coat effect it will look like just that....AN ATTEMPT. Don't try to make them match....make them harmonize.

That is a great looking pipe on that last busa. Just a chopped stocker, is my guess. A polished SS will look great with you B/O mynewride. I have a polished CANNON on mine and it looks sexy as hell.

sweetass.jpg

the first busa pictured is mine. I do have a polished SS Brocks on it. I want to change it up to a black unit. I don't know. Maybe I will save my money on the wheels and have the rearsets and rear pegs powdercoated matte black. I will try to get every silver bolt or color coated black. I don't know. I just want to do something with it. Any ideas are welcome. Not so sure im going to like the orange wheels after seeing the pictures. Even though they may not match perfect, it gives me an idea of what they would look like.

I had a '99 900RR that was the black/white with the red wing on the side. I had the rear wheel powdercoated white and left the front black. I got so many compliments on it. That bike looked so good. I put a gold bolt kit on it. Two brothers filament wound carbon fiber full system. I love the look of white wheels, it just will not work on my bike. Mythos, you sir need to clean that rear wheel, and the front.

Here is a crazy idea, how about anodized gold to match the front fork? Get rid of all the silver and make it black. I don't know.

Back