Opinions on this exhaust

You should not do that.

Do you want to convert this one because it is local and inexpensive?

You should purchase a 4-2-1 instead.

I take this to mean that you would mount both mufflers but stop-up half of the system. Is that right?
No I would ru it as intended 4-2! Sorry Ive messed up the way I wrote first post, wanting to change to carbon cans with removable baffles, this system (in Gen2 version) is cheaper than even used Yoshi or Akrapovic slip ons! Is there any benefit apart from weight changing the manifold as well

No I would ru it as intended 4-2! Sorry Ive messed up the way I wrote first post, wanting to change to carbon cans with removable baffles, this system (in Gen2 version) is cheaper than even used Yoshi or Akrapovic slip ons! Is there any benefit apart from weight changing the manifold as well
Flow, aftermarket headers have a better flow.

this system (in Gen2 version) is cheaper than even used Yoshi or Akrapovic slip ons!

Yes Black Widow is inexpensive. It is one of few companies that currently makes exhausts for older VFRs like I have, but surprisingly they do not charge a fortune just because they are the only game in town. I have seen some surprisingly good reviews from VFR owners on them. From what I have seen I would not hesitate to try these.

What benefit will I get going 4-2-1 with this system

do they offer an official power / torque diagram esp. for your bike (what ever it is)
like akrapovic usually does?

not?
hands off of that thing.

I need to get some bigger black cans on now ive raised the back, bike looks a bit odd at the back now, will prob look better with a 55 tyre. Im wondering if i get a hp/torque gain over akrapovic slip on that are way more ££

thumbnail_IMG_7019.jpg

I need to get some bigger black cans on now ive raised the back, bike looks a bit odd at the back now, will prob look better with a 55 tyre. Im wondering if i get a hp/torque gain over akrapovic slip on that are way more ££

View attachment 1641946
A set of nicer cans would look much better on that bike, it is too nice looking for what is on there now.

And while you are at it, you might as well black out the foot peg brackets too, it would complete the blacked out look better...

well, the akra 4in1 is in my experiance the more or less only one which gives/creates more hp & torque, an other sound and a weight saving of ca. 12 kg at the gen1.

all others usually steel! (drop) hp / torque :(
and that is the reason why those nowhere offer a hp/torque diagram, i strongly suppose

a buddy had that massive drop at his ´13 gen2 with (in germany street legal) ixil mufflers - a strong torque drop between 5000 and 7000 rpm
he moved back to originals and the torque "hole" was gone.

well, the akra 4in1 is in my experiance the more or less only one which gives/creates more hp & torque, an other sound and a weight saving of ca. 12 kg at the gen1.

all others usually steel! (drop) hp / torque :(
and that is the reason why those nowhere offer a hp/torque diagram, i strongly suppose

a buddy had that massive drop at his ´13 gen2 with (in germany street legal) ixil mufflers - a strong torque drop between 5000 and 7000 rpm
he moved back to originals and the torque "hole" was gone.
My Yoshimura full exhaust gained hp/tq on my bike (gen 2) and Chris Moore only uses Brock systems and he gains hp/tq with those systems as well...and seeing as they are rebadged Hindle systems, that would mean Hindle gains hp/tq too...

Chris Moore has lots of dyno videos of aftermarket pipes gaining power and no big holes in mid range.

??

Reactions: Zee
My Yoshimura full exhaust gained hp/tq on my bike (gen 2) and Chris Moore only uses Brock systems and he gains hp/tq with those systems as well...and seeing as they are rebadged Hindle systems, that would mean Hindle gains hp/tq too...

Chris Moore has lots of dyno videos of aftermarket pipes gaining power and no big holes in mid range.

??
Not all Brocks are Hindle , the Titanium CT series are full Japanese made series .
Do not think you can generalize about exhaust hp/tq , if your only reference is restricted aftermarket exhausts like that are legally sold in Germany .
As Sarge stated above , Mr.Moore has a dyno , Woolich racing tuning ability to get the best out of most piped bikes that come there , so , good as example of what hp and torque can be obtained with broad pipe selection .
Lastly , Akrapovic exhausts are known to be very good , the exhausts are thoroughly developed for each model , and then configured to comply to specific markets design rules .

A set of nicer cans would look much better on that bike, it is too nice looking for what is on there now.

And while you are at it, you might as well black out the foot peg brackets too, it would complete the blacked out look better...
Yeah im going to get those anodised and fit black alloy pegs.

Back