opinions:copycat gilles chain adj

RACER_X

Registered
CHAIN ADJUSTER SUZUKI GSX-R 1300 HAYABUSA 99-08:eBay Motors (item 370226533971 end time Oct-05-09 21:46:03 PDT)

9e79_1_b.JPG

9ee0_1_b.JPG

$130 vs $350?

they do have a new design out......and w/ 170+hp , the new design does look beefier....

for a ZX14

Gilles%20Chain%20Adjusters%20001.jpg

their new design

gilles%20tooling%20chain%20adjuster%20comparison%20tca%20kts.jpg

That's a huge price difference between the two companies. I wonder how the cheaper one would hold up.

Oh cmon.. How much stress would it take to shred metal like that... There isn't even much force on the adjuster to make it snap is there?
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh cmon.. How much stress would it take to shred metal like that... There isn't even much force on the adjuster to make it snap is there?
Posted via Mobile Device

Do you want to make a bet, even the Gilles have failed, with some bad outcomes!

Do you want to make a bet, even the Gilles have failed, with some bad outcomes!

Yeah.....I really wouldn't want to go w/ a "knockoff" version for this mod.

The Gilles product is an excellent adjuster. Well made and a great fit. While few & far between, even the best can fail.
That being said...why chance it when it comes to safety , just to save a small amount of money?

By the way....if you go w/ the Gilles, only the KTS version fits the Busa (genI orGenII)

I love mine! :thumbsup:

Get Howard (over200) to post up his video on youtube of his failing!
here ya go, here he is right on the vid!

Last edited by a moderator:
Get Howard (over200) to post up his video on youtube of his failing!
here ya go, here he is right on the vid!

But a note on this video, these adjuters are NOT installed properly!

Having the spacers in there is what caused them to fail, if the spacers where full sized, the problem may have not occured!

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly....thank you John.

+1

Stock motor, axle torqued to specs, no problems with mine. That does not mean yours did not crumble like a over baked cup cake, just I've had zero problems.

cheers
ken

Another thing, the back plates are not there either, also you can drill and tap for different mounting options with the Gilles!

Probably would work fine. Need to talk to some other people who have used them.

1.) i dont have near nor want.. 500 hp going through my drivetrain...

2.) it doesnt take an engineer to see how that was a disaster waiting to happen with the spacer putting ALL stress on the middle, instead of how it was designed.

Funny how one jackazz that can not figure out lefty loosy/righty tighty can cause such a stir about a good part.. The failures I have seen on the adjusters have been pretty blatantly all about bad installs..

Price wise, I have not seen the Gilles adjusters for the busa anywhere near the stated price every.. in fact I have never seen them over $200.. That cheapo knock off is also missing a few items for the install (back pieces to secure to swing arm in particular)

mine have over 20K on them and no complaints yet... but then again, I ride like an old lady..

Back