Ooopsie!!

wildone

Registered
Hello all,
Was wondering if anyone can help?:please: I have a '09 (white/blue) busa and today I was sitting on the bike pushing it out of a doorway and the left side exhaust barely rubbed on the door but it took off the black matte paint and left a long (8") rub mark on the pipe exposing the metal underneath. What can I do to fix this? Go to a paint shop? Colorite? I am so pissed at myself for doing this!!!!! Brand new bike w/800 miles on it!!!! DARN!!!:banghead:

Semi gloss engine enamel by Duracolor. Get the hi temp and you should be good. Just make sure you sand the scraped exhaust, and paint both. If you don't they will not match.

Scratch the paint = buy new pipes. That's the rule. Look under Service section of the owners manual...:cheerleader:

Ok, we need to help this guy out. Find someone that has some stock 08'+ cans and let's get this guy's new bike back to new condition.

If I still had the ones off mine I would trade him. You should be able to find a satin finish high-temp paint to touch it up.

Thanks, all!! Unforunately, I don't have the $$$$ to buy pipes so I have to make do...the suggestion to get high-temp satin finish paint is great!! I will go to a local paint shop and see what they can do....thanks, guys, appreciate the suggestions and help!

Back