onto Pluto

kkattan

Donating Member
Registered
here we go..

http://news.yahoo.com/fc/science/astronomy_and_space

by the way..
pluto is 2.7 Billion miles from the earth

even with a TRE a hayabusa going 200mph with an unlimited gas supply...

would take
13,500,000 hours
or 562,500 days
or 1541 years..

that would definitely qualiy you for the "Iron Butt" club
smile.gif

that would be some road trip
biggrin.gif

The math is mind boggling that NASA had to do in order that the probe can get within 6000 miles of Pluto in a few years. Geez. Hope they've done their sums right. We might have a faster Busa by then.

biggrin.gif

The math is mind boggling that NASA had to do in order that the probe can get within 6000 miles of Pluto in a few years.  Geez.  Hope they've done their sums right.  We might have a faster Busa by then.
why are we spending money going to pluto is the question? when they need to get up there and get that 200 trillion dallor peice of crap working (thats suppose to shoot down missles)

biggrin.gif

The math is mind boggling that NASA had to do in order that the probe can get within 6000 miles of Pluto in a few years.  Geez.  Hope they've done their sums right.  We might have a faster Busa by then.
why are we spending money going to pluto is the question? when they need to get up there and get that 200 trillion dallor peice of crap working (thats suppose to shoot down missles)
Not for the space program, are ya?

nah, not really against the space program, but cant stand my money going to something as dumb as that when we have people on earth starving.. if we find some life there and they are dying we would spend trillions to get  them the help they need but turn a our heads everytime we see a homeless person on the street

<!--EDIT|uncl3_fock3r
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137702960 -->

True, point well taken, but if we don't continuously try to better our knowledge of all that's around us, where might we be now? Still thinking the Earth is flat? That we are the center of the universe?

I agree, it's sometimes sickening to see how much money is spent, but if we do nothing, we learn nothing...you've touched on a topic I've been tossing around in my head lately...maybe I should post it up tomorrow...
smile.gif

True, point well taken, but if we don't continuously try to better our knowledge of all that's around us, where might we be now?  Still thinking the Earth is flat?  That we are the center of the universe?  

I agree, it's sometimes sickening to see how much money is spent, but if we do nothing, we learn nothing...you've touched on a topic I've been tossing around in my head lately...maybe I should post it up tomorrow...
smile.gif
You took the words right out of my mouth Michelle.

True, point well taken, but if we don't continuously try to better our knowledge of all that's around us, where might we be now?  Still thinking the Earth is flat?  That we are the center of the universe?  

smile.gif
Yea, so exactly what are we going to learn from a planet we can't get to anyway except spend $$$$$$ to just say we did it  
wink.gif
. My opinion this shows they have more money than they need. Good Lord, we can't even get people into space , circle the globe and back without killing them
vuur1.gif
or having pieces fall off the vehicle EVERY TIME it flys. Now, would you fly on a American Airlines 747 if EVERY time it took off, pieces fell off on the runway
wow.gif
. Why not spend that money on our travel first, then plan out trips cause the info. we get (if any) isn't any good if you can't use it.

My .20 cents  
ss011.gif

I have always been a fan or space love to see the information and shots from the Hubble telescope but can also see the point of of how much money is spent in this exploration i don't think that there will be a balance that makes everyone happy
smile.gif

If we actually do find a more intelligent life form somewhere, we might stop some of our self-centered thinking!

Nah!!!! That wouldn't happen!

how the heck is it going to have enough fuel to get that far and how are they going to get the info back to earth?

I find it hard to imagine they can broadcast that far
laugh.gif

I think it's great that we are going but by the time it gets there Pluto will no longer be considered a planet. A planetoid maybe but not a planet. Still it will be cool to see it!

I'm glad it cleared the tower...we make that motor...I still have a JOB!
smile.gif

Back