One of my dogs is not well.

newman

Registered
With everything else going on one of my dogs is ill.
She is called Narla and is a Alsation and she is ten.
She has been to the vet and has got heart disease, her heart is not pumping right.
She has got some tablets which makes her drink a lot but she's not eating much and has got thin.
She has got to go back to the vet tomorrow.

I fear every morning when I wake up she will be gone, she is my little baby.
She always comes and give me a kiss and today she hasn't.
I'm just crying as I type this. I'm so upset.

Lynne thinks she might have to be put to sleep tomorrow.
I seem to know she's not coming home again.

I love all my animals so much.

Hello Newman,

I feel your pain, I had to put my wonderful 13 year old boxer, Tonka, to sleep last Thursday. It was an agonizing decision but I had to put him first, I could not see him suffer so badly anymore. It hurt like hell and still does. He was a terrific companion and was always there for me. I wish you well.

Jim

Thanks Jim.
It just hurts so much as you know.
But as you say you have got to put them first.
They seem to know themselves when it's time to go.
I watched my other Alsation Bear, who was Narla's sister pass away with a eating disorder.
It just broke me up.
Will do the best for her Tomorrow.
Thanks again.

Dave.

I'm so sorry Dave :down:

For the longest time, 2 Great Danes were my "children" and when their health faded, it was so hard to imagine life without them. I still miss them, and they've been gone for years now.

I hope your baby gets better, but if it's her time, I hope she goes peacefully. I've never had a single pet go that way. I've always had to wait until they let me know enough was enough, then make the decision. I'll be thinking of you all. You've had so much going on :(

Thanks Vabs.
Will see what the vets says, but I know she is near the end of her life.
With Bear I never gave up hope, but we was going to let the vet put her to sleep, but she passed away in the night if front of Lynne and me.
I never want to see that again, I always remember her eyes.
With Narla I would pay any money to be able to have her with us longer, but as she has stopped eating I fear the end is near.
Thank you for being a good friend to me even though we have never met we live thousands of miles away from each other.
You have always been very kind to me whenever I have had any problems or sorrow in my life.

Sent with love Dave.

Very, very tough. Absolutely a struggle deciding what to do and agree in many ways it would be easier if they let you know. Had to put my 14 year old Rott down a year ago, so I can understand how hard it is. Hoping she springs back to life, but know you will do the best for her.

I also know that heartbreak. I had to put my shepherd down two weeks ago. I couldn't stand to watch him suffering. No eating, barely breathing, barely walking. One of the hardest things I had to do. I'm still suffering but time heals. Hang in there. Pray for strength.

Thanks Vabs.
Will see what the vets says, but I know she is near the end of her life.
With Bear I never gave up hope, but we was going to let the vet put her to sleep, but she passed away in the night if front of Lynne and me.
I never want to see that again, I always remember her eyes.
With Narla I would pay any money to be able to have her with us longer, but as she has stopped eating I fear the end is near.
Thank you for being a good friend to me even though we have never met we live thousands of miles away from each other.
You have always been very kind to me whenever I have had any problems or sorrow in my life.

Sent with love Dave.

I hope we do meet one day Dave! And when we do, we won't talk about all of the sad things we've shared.

Thinking of Narla...just know you've both given her the most love and best home possible. She's well loved. That's the best thing we can do for our "kids" :love:

Very, very tough. Absolutely a struggle deciding what to do and agree in many ways it would be easier if they let you know. Had to put my 14 year old Rott down a year ago, so I can understand how hard it is. Hoping she springs back to life, but know you will do the best for her.

14, wow... :down:

That's tough...

I also know that heartbreak. I had to put my shepherd down two weeks ago. I couldn't stand to watch him suffering. No eating, barely breathing, barely walking. One of the hardest things I had to do. I'm still suffering but time heals. Hang in there. Pray for strength.

I'm so sorry :( I think our pets let us know...you did the humane thing. Still so tough though *sigh*

My baby is gone.
Lynne took her to the vet and they couldn't do any more for her.
Lynne cuddled her as she passed away.

We got her up and gave her a lot of fuss and she kissed me.
You could tell by her eyes she was ill.
I loved her so much.

Sorry to hear, they become part of the family and a loss is always difficult.

Alsation is a nice breed, they call them German Shepard over here, but somehow I think the true Alsation is a step up the ladder in breed.

I'm so so sorry Dave. Give Lynne hugs from all of us here :down: Big hugs to you both :hug:

Narla's no longer in any pain. You did the right thing...living that way was no way to be...

Sorry to hear, but she is in a better place now and knows that all was done for her!

Very sorry to hear. I fear I am close with this too. My boy Shoei is almost 13 and this morning he looked at me with old eyes. My heart cried a little. He's been deaf now for about 8 months or so, but still acts like my little puppy. He will be sorely missed in our household. Best dog I've ever met.

Just remember, all dogs do go to heaven, and we'll see them soon. Nothing would hurt me worse than to know he was in pain.

sry to hear thats awful! this world needs more pets and less ppl..... I always looked at it this way. 10 years of happiness and 2 weeks of misery. fair trade off imo. I too have a small dog and she is 13. she is my baby and part of me will die along with her wen she goes.....

Back