Olympics - another 8/8/8 event

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
Just watched the beginning of the opening ceremonies and gotta say... holy crap they were pretty impressive. 2008 drummers all in sync (probably as close as you can dream for that many people) was impressive as heck.

The sports folks say that the US and China will be tops of the medal count, should be interesting.

Anyone else watching or going to watch a particular event?
usaflagwave.gif

some of the stuff is just bad ass... the worlds largest LCD screen, something like 210' long x 70' wide
wowold.gif

watching and posting at the same time. i dont know how those guys kept their line so straight.

some of the stuff is just bad ass... the worlds largest LCD screen, something like 210' long x 70' wide
wowold.gif
That LCD screen stretched out even bigger as the night went on...it ended up being 500 feet long! That was a very impressive opening ceremony! Those Chinese know how to put on a show!

Damn impressive opening ceremony! I really dug the thing with all the dudes inside the telescoping boxes! I would have sworn that was all computerized! Thought it was funny as he11 that George Bush had to sit in the bleachers like common folk!
laugh.gif

watching and posting at the same time. i dont know how those guys kept their line so straight.
If you looked closely you could see that they were all wearing ear pieces. I guess they had a "leader" telling them when to do everything to keep it all in sync. Pretty awesome. That and the lighting of the cauldron were the only parts I got to see. I was out gettin some stuff for my trip to the beach. The couldron lighting was pretty sweet. I wish I was the guy runnin around the top of the stadium!

Damn impressive opening ceremony! I really dug the thing with all the dudes inside the telescoping boxes! I would have sworn that was all computerized! Thought it was funny as he11 that George Bush had to sit in the bleachers like common folk!  
laugh.gif
He wasnt in the bleachers like common folk... he was in the "dignitary box"... at least thats what NBC called it.

well he was also seated beside putin, the russian dude... at one point they showed the two talking and I dont care what language you are talkin in, pissed off is pissed off... I'm sure it was something like "come on val, get those dang ole tanks back in ur country wud ya, we are just finally seeing the dang oil pressure releasing"  
laugh.gif

Anywho, the ceremony was bad ass and hopefully the US gets all the medals
usaflagwave.gif

Back