Old lowering thread

06limited1st

Registered
There was a thread on here that had picture by picture instructions how to lower the Busa, anybody know where it's at?? Searched and couldn't find..

Just tryin to figure out what IM doin wrong to get her back up to the middle link.. Starting to strip the nut..
deadhorse.gif

No good on search. Plenty of threads, seven pages, but no how tos with pix, that I found. Also I'm not sure I understand the problem you are having and what type of device did you use to lower the bike links, or soupy links?

I used dogbones.. The nut just wont break loose, I put the floor jack under where Im supposed to and bring it up just enough to take the pressure off the lowering links and it just wont budge

just wondering if there's some sort of advice or easy tips I can get

Use a cheater bar, get an impact wrench, only two options I know. Make sure that bike is being held before you get busy. Don't want to read how you dropped your baby.

Yea, cheater bar is my next option.. Read somethin on here bout someone using an impact and destroyed the nut, had to get a new one.. Reason for this is cause I have it lowered 3" now and the bottom scrapes, just got a 42t rear sprocket and dont want her to be smacking the ground when I pick up the front tire and let her back down.. Here's the next problem, one of the screws on the belly fairing is stripped and I cant get the allen key in there..

I will eventually figure out, always do, just lookin for any advice that would make this easier.. Thank yaaaa

Yea, cheater bar is my next option.. Read somethin on here bout someone using an impact and destroyed the nut, had to get a new one.. Reason for this is cause I have it lowered 3" now and the bottom scrapes, just got a 42t rear sprocket and dont want her to be smacking the ground when I pick up the front tire and let her back down.. Here's the next problem, one of the screws on the belly fairing is stripped and I cant get the allen key in there..

I will eventually figure out, always do, just lookin for any advice that would make this easier.. Thank yaaaa
They probably used an english V. metric socket, anyway take pliers to the belly pan screw, or drill it and use a small easy out. Good Luck brother.

Back