Ok update time ( good news thins time)

ditchdr

Registered
Ok lets see that last few weeks have been a wild ride, but man so much fun.

Many know i lost my hospital job, and it pretty much crushed my my dream of becoming a RN. Anyhow I got on my knees and prayed, then i shut my mouth and LISTENED. Seems God always has the answers were just to busy doing it our way to hear him. Anyhow I go up the local FD to talk to a few buddies when the chief walks out and asks me to come into his office. Long short, I am back with the FD as a ff/paramedic, and I FREAKING LOVE IT!!!! The good lord gave me the hands of a healer, but not as a Dr, or as a nurse, but as a medic. I was blessed with the ability to walk into the chaos of pretty much any call I am sent on quickly make sense of it, diagnosis my patient(s) treat them and get them to a higher level of care in just a matter of moments. Many say it is a gift, I dont see it that way, to me it feels natural, I feel at ease when I am under what others call "someone else's stress". Maybe i'm odd, who knows but I love LOVE LOVE my job!!!

Jessica and I are still split up, but not much I can do about that. We do still live in the same house, only because she can not afford a place of her own. The more I think about it, the more perplexed I am by it. So lets see, she does not love me, she does not want to be with me, but she also does not want either of us to date anyone, and she does not want me to move cause she can not afford to pay the bills on her own, even with child support. Kind of reminds me a story about having and eating cake lol. I am dating a few different girls, all of them are very nice, but at the moment I am way to happy being single to chain my self down again. Besides none of them house with a garage!!! I mean lets face, if you are a single woman, you have a house, and you have a big garage you are just freaking AWESOME. you could be ugly as a stump, kick kittens, and throw rocks at kids, but you have a garage lol.

Jake is doing great, he did take a trip to the ER in the ambulance not to long ago. Seems he is highly allergic to cat scratches. It took less then 2 min for him to go from swollen itchy eyes, to wheezing lungs, closing throat, full body swelling. Man talk about a nervous daddy. But he was only in the hospital for a few hours and was bouncing off the walls with in a day. So all is good there. I did get my self a new bike. I bought it from one of the guys at work. Kind of funny, cause Jake wanted one that was more comfy for him to ride as well. So I told him about the bike my co worker was selling and he wanted to see it. First thing he did was jump on the back wiggle his little butt, lean against the sissy bar and smiled. If I am not mistaken his words were " Daddy, I want this bike, it is mine but you have to drive it". SO i bought a 2012 Suzuki Blvd C50T. I know I know, its not a Busa, but it is a Suzuki. Seems my coworker got it , and after riding it home and a few short trips, he just did not like to ride anymore. So i picked it up with just over 300, yes 300 miles on it. I paid off his loan so the price was not where i wanted to be, but again Jake loves it so there ya go.

Bike nights are going great, even the Mayor has me setting up events for the city now. Never hurts to have friends in high places. I have a lot in the works with all of that. Way to much to list here, as this post is getting pretty wordy as is.

Oh and i met Ketonbusa, super nice guy, he popped in on bike night a few weeks ago, again Tony , thank you for showing up and thank you for your service.

Ok I am done i think... Hey if you have face book go to Charleston Motorcycle Events and lie it for me.

Matt

Hoping that the future keeps getting brighter for you.
P.S. Does Jake carry an epi-pen now?

i told you matt..... you have skills and others will see that ...good things come to those who 1. take care of themselves first and their children... 2... wait lol

I wasn't aware before this post, but it sure sounds like things are looking up and that you're makin' the most of your opportunities while still takin' care of family. I sure do like to hear stories about folks movin' in a positive direction in this day and age.

Well done, best of luck and continued success!

PS: Thanks for your service! Being a healer/care giver of any kind is, IMHO, one of the toughest and most noble pursuits that any of us can take on. Many of us want to help, but few of us have both the skill and constitution to be in the midst of the "chaos" (as you call it) on a regular basis.

Congrats and sounds like everything is going to work out for ya. Always trust God and you will be just fine :thumbsup:

Hey brother- it was nice to finally meet you and you're pretty awesome yourself. Sorry I couldn't stay for the wet tshirt contest- lol! If I wasn't in uniform- you would've had to pry my fingers off the door!!!

Sorry I couldn't make it to Neeces on Saturday. Was stuck in Myrtle with some squids, didn't make it back to Charleston til 6pm and my girl was at the Dog & Duck watching the Cocks play. Hopefully I get to hang out this weekend with you bro. Take care and you have my number- anytime/anywhere you need something- give me a buzz bro

Sent from my iPhone

Hey brother- it was nice to finally meet you and you're pretty awesome yourself. Sorry I couldn't stay for the wet tshirt contest- lol! If I wasn't in uniform- you would've had to pry my fingers off the door!!!

Sorry I couldn't make it to Neeces on Saturday. Was stuck in Myrtle with some squids, didn't make it back to Charleston til 6pm and my girl was at the Dog & Duck watching the Cocks play. Hopefully I get to hang out this weekend with you bro. Take care and you have my number- anytime/anywhere you need something- give me a buzz bro

Sent from my iPhone

Will do man. I will try to hook up with you this weekend. I work Sunday and Amy ( new chick) and i are going boot shopping on Saturday. Ha the city gave me a 200 PO at Red wing shoes.

Will do man. I will try to hook up with you this weekend. I work Sunday and Amy ( new chick) and i are going boot shopping on Saturday. Ha the city gave me a 200 PO at Red wing shoes.

Haha! Sunday is boat day but not going, my girl is doing the Taste of Charleston- I asked if I could go and she said sure, buys it with her friend... Oh hell to the no!!! Give me a call

Sent from my iPhone

being a medic is definately a calling. good 4 u.

they are the ones that truly save people. they are first responders and without them the doctors would be irrelevant cause patients would never make it to the OR.

been around Paramedics for almost 20 years now and after taking an EMT course I found out real fast how dedicated one has to be to pass those boards to becoming a Paramedic. my heart wasnt in it to become an EMT and took it for resume purposes only and never took the boards. but u need to know ur chit that I do know. its no walk in the park.

people like you who truly love their jobs are the ones with real pride and become extemely competent at what they do and move up to Paramedic supervisor very quickly.

Back