Ok guys, last minute Turkey advice??

I'll carefully loosen the skin from the meat and then reach in there and GENEROUSLY butter, salt, pepper, and some other spices... Then roast like above: high heat for a bit then loosly cover with foil and complete the roasting. Every so often I'll take the baster and re-coat the bird with the butter/juices from the pan.

Projekt's Weber method works well, too! I've also done them in my smoker, too.

agree with the spices inside..

Thanks Ace, that helps alot. I have the bird in the brine right now. Cant wait for tomorrow! :cheerleader:

No problemo...one other tip i will mention thats not said in that link. If your roaster came with a bottom rack, use it. If it didnt, cover the bottom with onion wedges for the turkey to rest on so as not to stick or burn on the bottom if you are not using the roasting bag.

Not using the bag, but I do have the rack. Do I need to add water between the roaster and the roaster insert? Its a 17 quart roaster oven.

heres my advice dont do this

tg06_turkey_burned1-769789.jpg

wow the things we can learn on the org james im sure you asked this question, me and my wife are doing thanksgiving for the first time and we are sitting here lookin at this roaster oven trying to figure out what to do. ive done them every other way though just thought we would try this does anyone ever let theres cook overnight at like 200 then turn it up a couple hours before its time to serve

wow the things we can learn on the org james im sure you asked this question, me and my wife are doing thanksgiving for the first time and we are sitting here lookin at this roaster oven trying to figure out what to do. ive done them every other way though just thought we would try this does anyone ever let theres cook overnight at like 200 then turn it up a couple hours before its time to serve

Crap Eric, I did not see this till morning, according to directions, it should only take about 4 to 4 1/2 hours for a 14 lb bird. I plan to put mine on around 10am to be ready by 2 to 3. We are eating at 4, so if it is done before that, turn it down to 200 and let it rest.

Back