My favorite chicken recipe

oldtimer

Registered
I have received much valuable advice and lots of laughs from this site and by way of thanks would like to share a great easy summer recipe with those who like to grill. I especially like this method 'cause it requires drinking at least a half a can of beer.
tounge.gif

Start with a 3 to 5 # roaster. I have had best results with 5 pounders, they stay more moist. Remove giblet bag and wash bird inside and out. Coat bird (inside and out) with a rub made from one part each salt, pepper, paprika and brown sugar (a tbsp of each is enough for a 5#er) Take a 1/2 can of beer (or you can use soda) and open a few more hole in the top with an old style triangle can opener. Add the leftover rub to the beer and set the chicken on the can on the off side of your grill -the other side on medium to high- for 1 1/2 hours. Thats it! If your grill runs hot like mine tenting the bird for the firsst half will prevent burning the top skin. I chop up potatoes and drizzle them with olive oil, rosmary, and Lawry's. I either skewer them or put them on a foil tray. about the time I take off the tent I put in the spuds. The chicken comes out moist and tasty every time and prep time is five minutes.

Been wanting to try the beer can chicken thing. Might just get me a roaster and give it a go Wednesday since I'm off from work. Might skip the brown sugar and use Lowry's instead though. I'm trying to do the low carb thing to lose some weight.

Trying to shed some pounds so I can get better times at the drag strip when I'm ready to run the busa. My fat azz would be slowin' the busa down something terrible right now!
drooling3.gif

Oh yeah... thanks for the recipe.
cool.gif

this site covers a lot of areas providing useful information... my wife with be proud if she knows that i am increasing my cooking skills while visiting hayabusa.org

thanx oldtimer
beerchug.gif

Guys that cook are the best! My husband bastes everything in beer and tequila! Steak, chicken, turkey...it always turns out very tender and delicious! Must be the trick - alcohol!

Try marinading a Filet Mignon in Jack Daniels and then throwing it on the grill!!! Talk about tender... Mmmmm! 'Course you gotta have a cold one while it's cookin', too...

drink.gif

grill001.jpg

Back