OIL?????

BLU88

Registered
I JUST BOUGHT AN 2002 BUSA, AND THE GUY THAT USED TO OWN IT USED A SYNTHETIC BLEND INSTEAD OF FULL SYNTHETIC ...WHICH IS BETTER?
I USED FULL SYNTHETIC ON MY BANDIT 1200.
PLEASE HELP.

Oh boy.. the snare has been set
tounge.gif

You will get a million opinions on this one.

Here is one of them. The bike is broke in so use Mobil 1 15w50 SYNTHETIC same as Mobil 1 MX4T. good for 3,000 miles and 6,000 on the fileter if you want. Seems to run and shift well.

OK I can say from personal experiance that Silkolene Pro 4 10W-40 Full sythentic kicks huge ass!!!!

I still cannot get over the difference it made to my SOTP Dyno and especially the transmission. After changing to the Silkolene the tranny felt like it had been to the gunsmith and had gotten smoothed and polished. It really made a difference. The engine didn't really quiet down much but it certainly "Seems" to run a little freer, a little stronger.

Silkolene Race products

It's a little pricey but I feel it's an excellent product and I'll prolly stick with it.

According to SportRider Mag, Amsoil is also a real good synthetic oil. You might want to avoid a synthetic with a really large concentration of Molly though. In theory the high molly content could lead to some clutch slippage.

In my opinion, full synthetic is the way to go, they don't break down anything like regular oils, they can take more abuse, and basically just work better. Synthetic blends I think are mostly just a price based compromise. Go full synthetic and gie your motor the best protection you can get.

The Oil test in Sport Rider mag, proved only one thing conclusively really, and that is that Synthetic Oils are far superior to traditional oils.

Yep, Yep. THe synthetic is the way to go. I had Conventional oil in mine for the first 2 thousand and now I run Mobil 1 10w-30 full synthetic. Heard good things about Redline and Amsoil. There are a million different views though!!! Just go with your gut!!

COOL WHEN THE SPRING GETS HERE I WILL PRLY GO WITH A FULL SYNTHETICE ...PUT SOME REGULAR 10W40 IN FOR THE WINTER STORAGE...

Amsoil 10W40 is a solid choice and very commonly used and loved. By far the best choice IMHO. Amsoil has the best combination of acid fighting additives, high viscosity retention, high base value, and it has none or only trace amounts of molebdenum (moly) which is a metal that is used as a friction modifier and is actually so slick it causes wet clutches (like a Busa) to slip.

But, I would advise that you do lots of research and make your own choice. It is better to make an educated decision then to just ask others and not really know why. The articles in recent SportRider issues are a good place to start. The facts/test results speak for themselves.

But do expect to have a smoother shifting, better running Busa if you go with a quality Synthetic oil, (and expect to pay 3-4 times as much as dino oil). But isn't the Busa worth it? Mine is. You will get TONS of opinions on this so do yourself a favor and find the facts for yourself and ignore all the smack.

<!--EDIT|EAKbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1072130995 -->

good advice eakbusa ...i will be doing plenty of research over the winter...thanx all ...post all opinions though ..would like to here them , and i am sure all will

MOBIL 1 synthetic I think is the best. Any decent oil will protect, not many withstand gunking up. I had my busa filled new with bel ray and always believed it to be the best for a bike.Changed it at 600mi then every thousand. at 3500 mi I had my heads and cams done and It looked nasty.I had every thing cleaned and blasted out and now run mobil1 w/no problems. I have a 90,jeep wrangler w 200,000 mi on it and was amazed at how clean the internals were after running mobil 1 from new.

I would recommend Motorex! It is a swiss oil that I have used for sometime. The Suzuki roadrace team runs it. Check it out!

My bike is going on 3,000 miles, I am planning on using mobile 1 should it be 10W 30 or diff # ?

Back