oil pump gears broken, no warranty thanks to dealer

OB_TED N.H.

Registered
well, it's final there is no longer a warranty on my Busa. had the bike in for a no oil pressure problem, they found the oil pump gears broken. a Susuki tech came to look at the bike and the dealer told them that i dragrace the bike (i have been once just after break in period). Susuki has revoked my warranty due to hearsay that the bike is used for racing. I would just like to thank SKY CYCLE for helping me find a new dealer to spend my money at. i had spent about 30,000 dollars over the past 3 years. has anyone else had this problem with the oil pump gears. i've heard of one other but don't know the persons name or vin # please help if you can

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

[This message has been edited by TED N.H. (edited 02 October 1999).]

How about your home made clutch mod, the weld job someone did so they didn't have to spend money on the part from Schnitz. Did you leave this part of the story out on purpose.

Maybe this is how Suzuki decided to reject your claim(welded inner hub), so maybe you should shed all the light on this. Trying to stick the dealer and Suzuki for the failure of a backyard clutch mod is a little lame, so getting in a huff and refusing to pay the bill for your own screw up(stiffing the dealer). Maybe you can make enough money selling your Clutch Mod you can buy a ZX12 from Doug at Cycle Design.

If what I am saying is bullshit, then you should be contacting motor vehicle and screw the dealer, or just grow up and admit YOU screwed up your bike by being cheap!

I don't think it would matter if they said you drag raced or not, suzuki is the pricks of the industry when it comes to warranty. I will tell you something else, i will bet you the rep did not look at the bike!!! They need to prove you abused the bike, make the so called rep show you the abuse. Any way how the hell do you break gears on a oil pump racing.

[This message has been edited by jim p (edited 02 October 1999).]

The regional Suzuki rep DID look at the bike,
if you made mods to the clutch hub on your own then it is simple as that. You are NOW on your own. If he bought the Mod clutch from Schnitz then he could have contacted Schnitz, its called product liability insurance.

If you did a mod that affected the pump ie shavings etc then you are screwed. Otherwise the burden of proof is on them. Push them to the wall if you know it was not your fault. It will cost them less to give you a new bike than to fight with your counsel.

The rep and dealer found a home made clutch mod in the basket, the oil looked like metal flake paint. What do you bet the rep has a digital camera, The dealer he mentions is a stand up place I have known some of the people that work there for over 25 years.

This guy ted has a better chance going to McDonalds and spilling hot coffee on himself and takeing Ronald McDonald to court.

Looks like the end of this story :)

[This message has been edited by KawAbuser (edited 03 October 1999).]

Yes, New England Cycle in Hartford,Ct. wasted no time helping me out with the Service Bulletins #108 and #109. They ordered the parts as soon as he saw the Bulletins, and my bike was back in three days. They also took the bike in immediately. Shawn is the service manager and he really took care that the bike's cut out problem was resolved.

SKYCYCLE ordered the parts for the Hayabusa's they sold, when they recieved the Bulletins. I just went to the Hartford dealer because it saved me a 150 mile trip to SKYCYCLE.

In fairness treat the dealers like human beings and you will be treated back as such.

Kawabuser:

That woman over 80 who spilled coffee on herself has a sizable judgement against McDonald's corp.....Check the docket number on her complaint....this case was settled a few years back......litigation is as good as your counsel.

I think that the coffee is a bigger leap of faith than that motor Ted has.......think about it..........

It was a breach of trust for the dealer to talk to you about this considering it is a business transaction between Ted and the dealer.........for you to prejudge the circumstantial evidence is very interesting.....Unless you are a sitting judge I would suggest that you allow due process to take it's course...If you are a judge you should adjudicate this accordingly and issue a judgement...

Your honor Kawabuser............

Kawabuser, just to let you know I did (shell out) buy the clutch mod I didn't do any backyard welding................ also one or more techs at the so named dealer told the rep that the bike is used/has been used for a type of racing. Susuki USA has voided the warranty on my vin# due to the bike being used for drag racing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Idid speak to the company that I bought the parts from, they informed me that if there was mistake made during the install a problem would have happened immediately. the clutch mod has been in for about 1500 miles. also, the oil pump gears are cast, and do not bend as the dealer said. it would take a lot of heat to get cast iron to bend.......the point of the matter is not that i will be paying for the work out of my pocket (it's only money i can make more), its what was said to the rep by one or more techs. i know you are good friends with allan, Ididn't say anything about the sales dept!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you can print this and show it to them if you would like..

Are you kidding? Of course he is going to print this and give it to his boyfriend tonight at dinner.

The lesson for anybody with a brain is don't modify your bike while it's still under warranty. Duh.

If you modded a Kawasaki and then blew it up any dealer with any sense would probably tell you it's on you too. A friend of mine did his own 600-mile break-in service on his Kawasaki, and the dealer told him his warranty was history right there...didn't even wait for something to go wrong.

Ted was being Clinton-like by ripping the dealer here and not being up-front about the facts. I think KawAbuser was right to call his bluff.

Has any one read the suzuki warranty, they can void your warranty if you use a aftermarket oil filter!

[This message has been edited by jim p (edited 03 October 1999).]

Hey Ted, $30 g's in 3 years? wow, money doesn't seem to be a problem, why are you whining about a repair?. And don't bring the excuse: "it's the principle that counts" bs.

You have to be responsible for your actions. You modify the bike = warranty void. I don't care what others say.

TOO BAD, I am not judgeing anyone. Look who started this thread, you can read I know you can. Go read the posts on SCHNITZ CLUTCH MOD, in there may be the clue you are missing. Some people made referance to doing a home brew clutch mod instead of shelling out the money. Some guy name Ted has been to this dealer with info gathered on this site with warranty concerns on cam chains. Some guy also did some home brew mod to his clutch. I am just trying to point out that if you screw up you are on your own, pay for a pro made part and you take the problem up with them.
And warning others that may have a welder to reconsider unless they are skilled machinists.
No it is reasonable that I have an open dialogue with the dealership, how do you think some information posted here gets here.
If it was not for this site some issues may not have surfaced to the dealers attention on the other side of the coin.(cut out problem)

It is unfortunate what happened to TED, but the Dealership SKYCYCLE is a concerned dealership. They sell more Suzuki product than any other dealership in New England, that is not because they specialize in stuffing the consumer.

Look at you own garbage posts here, they offer nothing but a rise in testosterone level. Show me one thread you have started with the good interest of others, most of your stuff is just TOO BAD.

A Challenge to TOO BAD, make one good contributing thread this week for the benefit of this site, good info that might help someone else!

Not unless you break it while trying to modify it, then try to scam the dealer into giving you a new one. But you would never think of making a bugus warranty claim, would you?

Kawabuser; do you work for that motorcycle shop or are you just the owners boyfriend? You dedicate a few posts to humiliating this guy and now you are telling me to be nice and posotive. Why do you think you are so special?

I have never had a problem from my dealer with an warrenty issues.They know that I drag race and that I have taken my Hayabusa to the track.If I where you I would get a lawer.

Back