Oil Light Question,

kawiboy11

Donating Member
Registered
I posted this on the normal forum, but I have not received hardly any feedback, I thought I would ask the turbo masters. Just finished installing a oil pressure gauge on my baby, now the oil light on the dash is on? Any clue what's going on? Bike is running great. Does anybody know what the oil pressure is on a busa?

Thanks!
wowold.gif

5-10 psi at idle hot (stock gear and pressure releif valve)(with my bike that is)

check to be sure the green with yellow wire isnt grounding out somewhere

yes it goes up to 35-50 psi hot
and 100 psi cold

it also depends on the weight oil you use

if you add a high pressure oil relief valve then it will raise it up
so would a gear or billet pump

Ok, thanks man, I fixed the light, the stock sensor was getting hit by the new sensor, causing the
light to stay on!
smile.gif

Kawi as much as you like your turbo bike I could really see you with some rods, pistons, lockup, and turn that "boost" up. most people think it will be uncontrollable, but with about a 4-5 in. stretch and boost controller you would not believe how hard turbo bikes pull in the upper gears. Just thinking outloud here...Problem is it costs $ to upgrade.

Kawi as much as you like your turbo bike I could really see you with some rods, pistons, lockup, and turn that "boost" up. most people think it will be uncontrollable, but with about a 4-5 in. stretch and boost controller you would not believe how hard turbo bikes pull in the upper gears. Just thinking outloud here...Problem is it costs $ to upgrade.
Ohhh......don't worry, someday that will happen. I look forward to that day. Though I am happy with my set up currently, but that's what I
winkold.gif
plan on in the future!

Back