Oil Filter

Gals and Guys the oil filter for the TL-R is the same filter for the Hayabusa
P/N 16510-34E00,also the crush washer for the oil drain plug is the same.Now I know Suzuki is designing their motorcycles more towards simple parts interchange between bikes.Now if only they could put a Hayabusa engine in the TL-R frame and get rid of the rear dampner.How do we say TL-busa-R.

I would pay big bucks for a 1300cc with the looks of a TL1000R. I loved mine until I totalled it. I loved the looks more than the performance. I liked the flashy paint scheme in blue and white. I settled for the black busa. I gritted my teeth on the looks but the performance can't be beat.

soja1

I believe Emgo makes a filter for the Hayabusa. They cross reference a lot of filters (so if the Hayabusa is the same as another bike you got your part) and they are the same as stock at half the price.
Nailz

[This message has been edited by emattson (edited 20 July 1999).]

Thanks EMattson for the great information.This is the kind of posting we need more of instead of who is faster which bike is faster,no need to prove anything when your on a motorcycle.Only thing that is important is that we are having fun and riding safe. Thanks again

Mobil 1 has out motorcycle oil that is for bikes only.They have it in 10-40 and 20-50. I bought it for 3.65 a quart....have distributor nearby. It is about 7 bucks a quart at auto-zone. Have tried it in cbx and worked fine but have not tried in a busa yet..but will soon. Will let everyone know what happens. When I tried car mobil one in turbo cbx it made clutch slip not so with new Mobil 1 for bikes.Made head temperature go down 30-40 degrees by going to synthetic oil!

Yeah I think I hear Cyberjoe getting
ready to try and convince us all to get rid of our Busa's because rumors indicate easier
oil changes on an XX - lol!

Careful guys!!! the fram 6017 will not tighten correctly on the busa. The threaded section of the motor is much longer and different from R1, 9r ect. Also if you compare the dia. of the stock busa filter, you will find the 6017 is smaller. The correct fram number is 6018.

cbxchris,i bought mobil1 mx4t 10w-40,
did oil and filter. my personal feeling
is great. i feel a big difference in engine
performance, smoother shifting, less engine
noise, and temp guage appears to be staying
lower than what it use to be.i have 2300
miles on it. by the way i did pay 7.99 a
quart. please tell me what distributor you
can get it at cheaper. thanks,dave

David the place to get the Mobil 1 is ....Rex Oil Co. they are a Mobil one distributor....they are in Thomasville North Carolina....336 472 3000.....hope this helps!!

Just be careful when choosing aftermarket oil filters. I have seen some that looked the same as stock, but on closer inspection, the holes on the inside were fewer and smaller. This would of course cause a reduction in oil flow etc. Also they may or do have less pleats in them. If you are in warranty, I would strongly recommend using the stock oil filter. Remember if you are going the posted limit, then no problem. How many here go the limit, okay, well maybe the rev limit!

Another difference between the stock filter and the Fram is that the Suzuki oil filter removal tool (looks like a big socket) doesn't fit on a Fram. If you use a Fram make sure you have something to tighten it up with before you chuck your used stock filter, like I did.

Addition to earlier post----The fram 6018 is not a perfect match for the stock filter. In fact, I have not seen any aftermarket filters which match up perfectly to the stock unit. I think the 6018 would screw on but is smaller. I think we are stuck with the stock unit for perfect fit and match. Anybody made any other filters work?

Suzuki only makes one size spin on oil filter. If you had a previous Suz. like I did, you probably realize that the Fram 6018 works fine and for half the cost. You are correct, the oil filter sizes are different. I had to buy the correct wrench to remove the original oil filter. Now I have one of each (Suzuki and Fram).

Suzuki oil filters are only $ 12.00 in Canada or $ 8.00 US dollars. Center stand is $ 118.00 Can or 80.00 USD. Cycle World in Toronto also gives % 15 off for its vintage and volumn buyers.

Back