Oil change

brandue

Registered
This is the oil that came out of my bike after riding 26 miles. When I picked the bike up from the dealer it had .5 miles on it. I used the same brand and grade of oil when I changed it. Pic 2 is the oil before pouring into the bike... I did ride it like I stole it on the way home....

m_Picture_006.jpg

I learned that trick after I had already riden my new bike for about 250 miles. If I ever get a new one, the first oil change WILL be done at around the 25 mile mark.

Does your wife know you are using the drinking glasses for this photo shoot
rock.gif
laugh.gif

What was that dear
rock.gif
No, no, these aren't from the kitchen...
whistling.gif
laugh.gif

rock.gif

laugh.gif

IT looks fine.. ur really just wasting oil..all the Molecules are fine. Most of the darkening you see is just assembly lube, it is similar to STP.

Is Suzuki doing a run-in on the new 1340 or no? I know many companies are now doing this, like VW with its turbo cars, they run the engine to break-in standards then change oil, ship it to the dealer and your golden from the moment you buy it.

It may only be assembly lube, but molyb has a way with clogging filters, especially ones like Suzuki's which had a pretty good filtration limit on it. If they used a crap Fram filter I wouldn't worry about clogging the filter since Fram passes the largest stone through the filter
smile.gif

a little blacky carbon in the oil is no big deal (I worry about a motor that does not have any)... also some engines come with different oil for break in.

Not sure Suzuki does this but they said 600 miles and that is what I gave it..

I know the guys at my dealership so, I was able to watch them prep my bike.  They put Honda 10w40 bike oil in it and I replaced it with the same.  I know they have to run the engine in the factory so, it's only logical thay would fill it with factory oil but, they have to drain it so they can ship the bike.  I have to agree that the oil changes color but, I have 290 miles since I changed it the first time and when I look through the site window the oil is still pretty clear. Probably a waste of money but, I did learn how to take the F#$%ing fairing off  
banghead.gif
and let me tell you I was doing alot more swearing than that..
laugh.gif

I changed my oil today at 600 miles and it look fine. It was darker than the new, but that is normal. Also I did not find that hard to remove the Right Side Cowling. It was easy compared taking the cowling off my Yamaha YZF600R.

I changed mine at 40 miles and it was full of metal shavings, then again at 200 and it had nearly none in it then. Was just wondering if anyone else looked for shavings in the oil? That can't be good for the piston walls!!!

changed mine at 100 miles{ dark and full of shiney metal flakes } Will change mine again at 1000 miles. GOING TO SYNTHETIC THEN.

It sure seems like a waste of money to change the oil that soon; that is what filters are for.the assembly lube isn't going to hurt anything.

Back