Oil change ?

eibiskit

Registered
So I changed my oil and filter today and and it calls for 3.7 quarts. I did what it said and my oil line is between low and full. Is this normal or should I give it the rest of the fourth quart. Thanks for the help guys.

Have you started it since you changed the oil? The filter will fill up as well, I think I remember that I used all of the 4 quarts on mine, but wait for others to chime in before taking my advice as I dont remember the details. I usually will make sure my oil is at the middle of the sight glass when holding the bike upright, off the side stand.

Yes, use all 4 quarts.

I have used all 4 quarts everytime with a filter change.
After it settles down ( a few hundred miles) it is near the middle of the site gauge and all is well.
Just the nature of the beast - IMHO.

3.7 / 4 it really doesn't matter. I just changed mine too and left it just shy of full. Have no idea how much oil is left over. Any over fill will be wasted. I usually get a free quart every 4 or 5 changes, if you know what I mean. I use the sight glass.

Anywhere between low and full is good

3.7 / 4 it really doesn't matter. I just changed mine too and left it just shy of full. Have no idea how much oil is left over. Any over fill will be wasted. I usually get a free quart every 4 or 5 changes, if you know what I mean. I use the sight glass.

Anywhere between low and full is good

I agree that sounds like a good plan. :thumbsup:
However in my case using 4 quarts never puts the level over the full mark.
Maybe because these motors are almost bulletproof the low indication is good enough?

Also using all 4 quarts I don't have to keep partial bottles of oil around - I have enough stuff to keep track of.....:laugh:

I agree that sounds like a good plan. :thumbsup:
However in my case using 4 quarts never puts the level over the full mark.
Maybe because these motors are almost bulletproof the low indication is good enough?

Also using all 4 quarts I don't have to keep partial bottles of oil around - I have enough stuff to keep track of.....:laugh:

I'm not organized in anyones book, but I just keep one bottle and keep adding the leftover to it until it's a full quart. Then I buy three instead of four quarts. You can say I'm a tight arse :laugh:

Back