Oil change time

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
RCC Turbo's recomends Amsoil for turbo bikes,whats the reasoning? What do you guys use? Do I use a stock Suzuki filter?

Thanks guys.

Rubb.

Everyone here told me stock filter when I did my oil. Amsoil is good oil but there are many alternatives as well.

RCC Turbo's recomends Amsoil for turbo bikes,whats the reasoning? What do you guys use? Do I use a stock Suzuki filter?

Thanks guys.

Rubb.

No turbo but I’ve used Amsoil in several bikes over the years and the Busa since 2006. Smoother shifting, cooler running. Good stuff.

I been running Fram on my bikes but they get a oil change every couple of track days. I also use Honda lube. Oil is oil. Just need to make sure it’s the correct weight and has the correct additives for your application.

I use oem filters, and Castrol gtx 20w50 non synthetic. Cheap oil and excellent protection.

if drag racing, I suggest changing it after 15 passes. Sooner then that if you’re doing clutch set up testing. Clutch material in the oil is the quickest was to clog the oil pick up.

Whatever brand oil you run just change it more often than not. Unless your racing or long distance touring I don’t think it’s gonna make that much of a difference if you keep up with the maintenance.

I’ve been running Mobile1 synth 10w40 over a decade in my Busa with a K&N filter no problems whatsoever

and if you regard the "newest" maintenance sheet from suzuki for the gen 2 (from 2015 on - - lol ironic)
you´ll see that they increased the milage for the motor oil from former 6,000 km to now 12,000 km
and the replacement for its filter from 18 to 24,000 km

without any changes in the oil conditions or regulations .
same oil is used like before - i asked suzuki germany for that via email .

a scoundrel is who thinks evil.

so I decided for myself that in my gen1 further the oil remains in there for at least 8-9,000 km
6,000 like in the old maint.-sheet? what an idiot would i be?
okay i drive longer distances where the oil gets pretty warm.

all written for street used busa - no race tracks etc.

Quoted by boosted:

I use oem filters, and Castrol gtx 20w50 non synthetic. Cheap oil and excellent protection.

if drag racing, I suggest changing it after 15 passes. Sooner then that if you’re doing clutch set up testing. Clutch material in the oil is the quickest was to clog the oil pick up.

….ahhh, the oil thread....there's always controversary over which oil to use...some are Amsoil, some are Castrol, some are Royal Purple, some use OEM filters, some use K&N...

Full synthetic verses semi.....

As long as the oil meets the requirements of the engine, that's the part which matters.

I've used OEM filters with Full synthetic Royal Purple on 3 bikes now with zero issues for what it's worth....

Back