Ohio Track Days

Acehole

The crowbar!
Donating Member
Registered
I went to my first track days through this website: Moto Series Trackdays and Roadracing

The track we go to is called Nelson Ledges and it's located just southeast of Cleveland, Ohio.

Friend of mine used to race there and is now an instructor. Our first planned track day is April 16th with as many as i can afford through out the year.

Their Instructional level class is pretty good and they do very small groups (3-4) per instructor. The track is not the best in the world but the price is low at $125 per Saturday and Sunday with an evening open track time on Friday for what they call the "Open" and "Advanced" groups at $65.

The instructors are all a great bunch of guys and everyone is helpful and accommodating. The inspectors are very helpful and getting your bike set up for the Instructional group is as simple as taping off mirrors, headlight, tail light, turn signals and your speedo. Gear required is helmet, gloves, boots and leathers. (full suit or 2 piece with 360 zipper)

We usually get there on Friday night and set up camp. Camping is free with your $10 track admission. Campers and tents are all welcome.

I invite any/all members in the area or coming for a visit to come join us for a great time!

nelson.jpg

nelson.jpg

Good times indeed, if you can make a track day I highly recommend it, its even better with a bunch of oRg members. :beerchug:

I may go just to hang out. Dont have leathers. Ill let drew and colton know.

2 words
GO
PRO

If you have one, let's see some laps, if you don't, get/buy/borrow one. It really helps you analyze your laps after-the-fact

And Have Fun

I am very interested in doing some track days. I looked at this track as well as Mid-Ohio. The April date conflicts with work. But please keep me posted when you do another or if any other rides come up. Always looking for an excuse :laugh:

That's a heck of a price! I sure wish we had a little track nearby!

There have been big problems with Bluegrass, that have been going on for about 2 years. Construction was halted. I thought they went under. Has that now been straightened out? Don't think so as much of the 'news' is from 2009 and the calender for now is totally empty...

Honestly don't know.
If memory serves me right, members of a local forum has rode it; but don't quote me on that because I can't remember for sure.

Wish I was close enough to join you guys. Spring is in the air and the winter track day dreams are soon to become a reality!

Have a great time! :beerchug:

All you guys in that area are invited to just come and hang out. $10 track admission is a pretty good price to spend the day watching guys run around a track. LOL
Anyone looking for leather pants should keep an eye on New Enough. They are always doing good deals on their close outs. Thats how i got mine.

Check their website for the full schedule and pick a day, i'll go with you!

PandaNin: I so want a gopro...maybe this year!

Pipe: Thats the place i had seen signs for. Might have to give them a call see whats up.

Wow, I did'nt know that. I only thought Mid Ohio offered Track Days here in Ohio. The price can't be beat either. Do the offer bike supsension setup (sag and height) assistant?

After reading that, I will definitely be making a track day this summer there. It is a bit of a drive for me.. But it appears to be completely worth it! Did you take an instruction day first? How was it?

Wow, I did'nt know that. I only thought Mid Ohio offered Track Days here in Ohio. The price can't be beat either. Do the offer bike supsension setup (sag and height) assistant?

I didnt see anyone there doing adjustments, but as i came in after a session one of the guys noticed i had considerable sag. We worked on it right there!
There are guys set up from the tire companies selling tires, not sure if they were doing anything else.
Mid-Ohio is high dollar. Doesnt NESBA do their track days there?

After reading that, I will definitely be making a track day this summer there. It is a bit of a drive for me.. But it appears to be completely worth it! Did you take an instruction day first? How was it?

Yes, they start you in the Instructional class. You can actually stay in that classification for as long as you want. Basically you are Led around the track by an instructor. But within that group there are different skill levels. Which means after the first session or 2 you might switch the instructor you are following to one that is leading his group faster or slower. So they try to put people with the same skill level together.

The track is a 5 hour drive for me, but i go up on friday and camp and hang out.

Come on out guys! My first day is April 16th! PM me if you want to hook up. The schedule is on the website. I'm gonna shoot for at least 4 or more days this year.

i know some old guys that use to race nelsens ledges and been telling me to go...as i said...if i get duc back running..it will be my 'track bike" but to go and just hang out is fun too for only 10 bucks

Back