Oh the carnage!!!

BigBadDodge

Registered
Tore into my little mini truck thursday, laptop took its life that morning so never got these up, was in the middle of ordering my big fuel pump for the dodge when it took its dump
But anyway pulled the valve cover and found this...Hmmm #1 intake valve is missing:dunno:
carnage.jpg

Oh no nevermind i found it:rofl:
carnage1.jpg

3/4 of the way buried in the piston, hard to see in pics but the piston is sitting cocked in the cylinder, took all 6'4" 250lbs of me and a 36" ratchet to get it turned over and the piston down(shocked since the starter was turning it over with the head on just fine)
Got the piston down and the cylinder is cracked in multiple spots, getting my buddies rice car outta my garage tomorrow since he cant pay me anymore to work on it, s10's going in to finish the tear down

Starting to think a blown 400

I have seen that done a few times? It is amazing how stuck they can get. I use to work for Kowalsky Machine in Lynchburg VA. and have worked on a lot of motors. We did a BIG everything new 500 CI motor for a guy one time ran it on the dynio and everything was fine. He put it in his car and was doing a burnout for his 1st pass and broke one of them. Man he lost everything. I like the blown idea myself but maybe a turbo would make a better sleeper :laugh: Good luck:thumbsup:

glad you're in good spirits about it :beerchug:

I would be furious if that happened to my X Runner:bowdown:

Good luck with the rebuild!

350 crate motor :poke:: those S -10 are sweet with a little v8 .......

Don't be the guy that says "I could 'a had a v8". :laugh:

Like i said on ur earlier thread, time for the mini tub and a stout tranny n rear end if your going blown 400. I got a 01 xtreme blazer that i plan on having a little bit of fun with.

that is nasty...last time i saw that was when i blew up my trans am!!

Motor in wife's jeep started sounding funny she said. She shut it down and called me from the store around the corner. I whent over flashed it up,sounded real ugly.I told her to just drive it home.It drove 20 feet and died.So I pulled it home with my big Dodge.

Pulled the oil pan and found all the pieces of #1 piston.:banghead:

New motor needed after 90,000 miles.???

RSD.

No, no no no no need for a S/B chevy. Go with an older LB4 4.3 block and L35 heads. Then ad a big old turbo. like a GT35R! That will get you up into the 600hp range on pump gas! :thumbsup:

Wow. I know it had to be a sick feeling when you saw the valve missing... Good luck with plans.

Back