oh no. no no no no no

sweet tea man

Registered
Guess what I received in the mail?

Jury summons.

What date?

April 19th. Just a few days before the bash

I'm going to try like heck to not get picked.
Posted via Mobile Device

Show up like this and they will turn you right around..

jury_duty_tshirt-p235927524971445351q6wh_400.jpg

also need one of these

get_out_of_jury_duty.jpg

Someone is trying to tell you something...

Don't worry, if you have a room at the Phillips, I'll be glad to take that off your hands for you :laugh:

:rofl: Haha! Sucks to be you........just kidding, I have jury duty on Monday. Sucks to be us. :laugh:

Show up and tell them about the chewbacca defense they will surley let you pass

:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man that sux. I was suppose to have federal jury duty back in Feb. but I called the night before I was to appear and my turn was canceled!

Guess what I received in the mail?

Jury summons.

What date?

April 19th. Just a few days before the bash

I'm going to try like heck to not get picked.
Posted via Mobile Device

That does suck. You may be able to change the dates you have to go. Call them and let them know that you have a vacation planned and reservations made. They may work with you.

I got called and had to serve a few years back.... my buddy told me he got out of it by saying "jesus talked to me from the toaster this morning, he said these guys were bad, very bad" ... the guy before me pulled something similar and got a fairly big smack from the judge. Now our judge was a former cop, so he wasnt a fan of stupidity....he said ok you are dismissed and can go back to the waiting room, they will be calling you for the other trial today. Once he left the room he said "anymore god told me, the devil did it, I hate blah blah, etc and you'll join him on the jury for the murder trail going on next door that is scheduled for 15months." So I quietly answered questions and wound up as the jury foreman :laugh:

I would just suggest either be the first or just act angry with pissed off looks at the defendant and pray your judge doesnt send you to the murder trail :laugh:

You could also ask for a different date as suggested above :thumbsup:

You know how I got out of jury duty? I showed up, and answered every question they gave as intellectually as possible. Me and three other people answered the same way ( one was a doctor, other the two other were business men).... the rest were....well lets just say you can tell how uneducated people really are when you go to these things..... and sure enough, I, and the three others were dismissed. They selected people who said almost nothing at all, and those who did speak were a bunch of idiots. That is how I know our jury system is corrupt, they select a bunch of morons to determine the future of others...

Last edited:
You know how I got out of jury duty? I showed up, and answered every question they gave as intellectually as possible. Me and three other people answered the same way ( one was a doctor, other the two other were business men).... the rest were....well lets just say you can tell how uneducated people really are when you go to these things..... and sure enough, I, and the three others were dismissed. They selected people who said almost nothing at all, and those who did speak were a bunch of idiots. That is how I know our jury system is corrupt, they select a bunch of morons to determine the future of others...

Dang I guess im doomed to have to always be chosen for jury duty.:banghead:

That does suck. You may be able to change the dates you have to go. Call them and let them know that you have a vacation planned and reservations made. They may work with you.

x2 my wife just had to do this

In Florida, you can request up to a six month(i think) delay. Check and see if you can postpone for a few weeks. I was never called to go upstairs and I got to watch Sea Biscuit on the big screen! :cry:

best of luck on getting it postponed, canceled, or getting yourself thrown out of the pool :laugh:

Back