Official Ogio Mach 5 review

fast_pace77

Registered
Yo Yo,
Ogio Mach 5 came in and hope ya'll can benefit from this review. I bought the Suzuki version too. Pretty cool.

Outside view.jpeg

First off, bought it on eBay from a Honda dealership in Arizona. Only $166 shipped (retail $189.95). First impression's were that this backpack is super light.
The outside is sweet. Has a carbon look to it, the Suzuki emblem are very well placed and good quality. The zipper-thingys are big Suzuki Branded pieces, super cool and a nice little extra touch.

The inside Is roomy. Has a bunch of pockets i'll get in to in a sec.

inside view 1.jpeg

The underside is very very comfy on the back. As long as the weight in the bag is distributed evenly it feels as if there's almost no bag. The top, where the straps all conjoin makes for very convenient placement. Let's the weight sit low enough on you to feel comfortable, yet tight to your shoulders to keep the weight 'a part' of you.

Underside pic.jpeg

The strap up top in the front is adjustable by some small Velcro loops for ur most best positioning.

front clip pic.jpg

The strap below has a pouch to hold a small amount of stuff. I put my wallet in it.
Yes, it will make you look sexy. It says so on the instructions and I have verified it on myself as seen below... :cool:

Wearing pic.jpeg

The handle up top is super cool. Really soft (like it matters) and hidden under a flap for extra aerodynamic POWAAAA'!!

handle pic.jpg

There is a headphone hole from inside to the outside the bag. Also a little hook for your closet/ coat rack.

Headphone hole pic.jpeg

Rubber shoe holders to keep them secure while riding.

foot pocket.jpg

A secure spot to hold your extra visors

visor pic.jpg

A pocket for your laptop (circled) including a strap that Velcro's it tightly in place. Totaling 3 large pockets. A few mesh pockets. 4 small vertical pockets. and a few other misc.

laptop pic.jpg

Another view of the inside. A little net to hold loose things in place. Also, the zipper at the very top is a horizontal pocket meant for your phone but is not very deep so I bet your phone with a case on it will not fit. Also your phone will not fit in the front pouch either because it is also too small. The front pocket is probably intended for change or a wallet anyway.

inside view 2.jpeg

So Yes, the question you all have.
What is the difference between this and the Mach 3. Well I will tell you.
The Mach 5 is everything the Mach 3 is PLUS:
- The lower strap around the front with the pouch
- a slightly different look on the shell portion
- and this expandable portion in the pic below
(there may be more but that is all the rep told me)

Expandable pic.jpeg

Also, please note that it will NOT fit your helmet inside of it. Unless you are an extra small... Maybe a small... But my large DOES NOT fit.
Enjoy!

Last edited:
I use the same bag but I dont have the Suzuki model. Been great for the last three years I've had it.

At full expansion, I can fit a complete uniform with all shower stuff as well as my rain gear.

Back